State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DSHS Lakeland Village Nursing Assistant Certified
at State of Washington
Nursing Assistant Certified – Attendant Counselor
Work that is rewarding. To make a difference in someone's life. A career path. When you think about what inspired you to become a Nursing Assistant, what comes to mind? Working for Lakeland Village Residential Habilitation Center you'll find your peers are driven with your same goals, all focused on our mission to Transform Lives with the Department of Social and Health Services.
Serving as an advocate, companion, and mentor assisting individuals with intellectual disabilities, our Nursing Assistants enjoy meaningful careers nurturing our residents to lead productive lives in our Nursing Facility.
What makes us an employer of choice for NAC/CNAs?
- A four-week new employee orientation that is focused on supporting your success
- 1 to 4 staff to resident ratio to foster better relationships with our residents.
- Outstanding benefits including medical, dental and retirement
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- Shift premium and/or overtime pay
- A community driven campus with a culture of collaboration
- Ability to pursue education opportunities
- We are growing and expanding our program
- We have opportunities available for all shifts. There are also on call jobs available.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of those you support
- Transfer, reposition, and move residents utilizing state of the art equipment and team members
- Perform vital sign checks
- Collaborate and provide input as a member of an interdisciplinary team, including developing, documenting, reporting and carrying out programs
- Actively engaging residents in all formal and informal training opportunities to promote skill maintenance
What our residents depend on from you:
- Team player
- Great communication
- Encouraging and engaging
Who should apply? Professionals with:
- A High School Diploma or GED or one year of experience working with people with Intellectual Disabilities
- Current Nursing Assistant Certification (NAC) for the state of Washington or certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant from another state.
Questions about this opportunity? Please contact DSHS Recruiter by email or at 360.725.5861 and reference job number 09540
- Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.