State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DSHS FFAA Fire Sprinkler Fitter
at State of Washington
Fire Sprinkler Fitter - Maintenance Mechanic 3
The Facilities, Finance and Analytics Administration (FFAA) Consolidated Maintenance and Operations is looking for a skilled professional with a Nicet Level 2 certification in Water-Based Systems to provide engineering and repair work at Western State Hospital.
In this role, you will assist in a wide variety of trade fields such as plumbing, electrical, welding, carpentry, and machinist work. You'll perform construction, maintenance, repair, and modification of buildings, facilities, mechanical equipment, and machinery.
A primary focus of this job is water-based fire protection systems in the hospital.
You'll have a fixed schedule and the work you'll do immediately contributes to the quality of care for others.
The work hours for this job is 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. with Saturdays and Sundays off.
Some of what you'll do:
- Install and maintain sprinklers, flow tampers, control valves, standpipes, and hydrants
- Repair and replace pipe coverings; weld and thread pipes
- Install maintain plumbing, electrical, and mechanical components
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair on all types of equipment such as laundry, kitchen, hospital, and air-conditioning equipment
- Clean or change filters, change oil, grease, adjust drive belts; inspect sprockets, shafts, and bearings
- Read and interpret plans, blueprints, and sketches
What we are looking for:
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship in a skilled mechanic trade and 1 year of experience as a journey-level worker in building and equipment maintenance, construction or repair work.
- A current Nicet Level 2 Water Based Certification
If you have questions about the application process, contact Anthony Distefano at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-725-5825.
- Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security