State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DSHS ESH Clinical Psychologist
at State of Washington
Eastern State Hospital, in Medical Lake, WA, is in need of doctoral-level Psychologists to join highly dedicated teams in our mission to Transform Lives by supporting sustainable recovery, independence, and wellness. Eastern State Hospital is a fully accredited, 317 psychiatric inpatient state-owned hospital located near Spokane.
As an ESH Psychologist, you have the important role to provide input on long-term and short-term habilitation goals and make recommendations for care interventions and the environment that will minimize negative behaviors and enhance strengths and coping skills.
Working as part of a Treatment Team responsible for assessing patients who are adjudicated as Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity (NGRI), you'll have an influential role in advising patient treatment and patient's appropriateness for privileges and liberties. There are openings as an ESH Ward Psychologist or within the Office of Forensic Medicine. Or, consider serving as a subject matter expert in psychology and join our team working on the Habilitation Ward (HMH) a 10-bed specialty ward for patients that are eligible for Development Disabilities services and have a co-existing psychiatric health diagnosis.
Some of what you'll do as an NGRI Psychologist 4
- Lead the Treatment Team staff in the process of case formulation as it relates to public safety risk and risk management planning for up to 30 NGRI patients
- Assess the appropriateness of NGRI patients for privileges and liberties by using evidence-based risk assessment methodology
- Administer psychological testing--creating and implementing Behavioral Service Plans
- Provide consultation and training to professional and treatment staff
- Audit aspects of the NGRI program working with the hospital's quality assurance program and NGRI Ombudsman in reviewing and making recommendations for improvement
Some of what you'll do as an HMH Psychologist 4
- Evaluate behavior information on prospective admissions to HMH prior to the time of admission and write preliminary behavioral strategies within 24-hours after admission to HMH
- Compose a Functional Assessment and a Behavior Support Plan on each person receiving services in the HMH specific to their needs
- Analyze the behavior data for trends and patterns and providing graphic representations of the data to include coordination with changes in medications
- Provide consultation and training to professional and treatment staff, re-framing the environmental culture and problem-solving in regard to behavioral health issues
Who should apply
- A Doctor of Psychology, Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical psychology from an American Psychological Association accredited university psychology
- And, licensed or eligible to obtain a license in Washington to practice psychology
What makes Eastern an employer of choice for Psychologists
- One of the biggest perks unique about public service is that we are not driven by production, this allows for our Psychologists the ability to focus on developing approaches to treatment and emphasizing patient care over profit.
- The clinical autonomy and encouragement from our leadership inspires our Psychologist to be creative and innovative with a person centered approach.
- Excellent compensation package from Day One with outstanding family benefits, a generous retirement plan and other incentives that we'd love to discuss with you.
- DSHS provides support staff and covers all operating expenses.
- You'll experience a quality work life balance working Monday through Friday, with no on-call requirements.
As Washington's second largest city, Spokane presents the ideal place to live, work, play, and be a part of a community. Spokane is a progressive city with outgoing and friendly people. Outdoor activities are especially plentiful given the area's natural beauty and its four seasons. No matter if you love the city life or nature, Spokane has it all.
A vibrant city, downtown Spokane is amongst the healthiest in the nation, exuding urban character and offering top-notch quality of life, such as affordable cost of living, five ski resorts within 1.5 hours of downtown, dozens of lakes within an hour of downtown, and hundreds within 2 hours, five universities and a lively arts, music, and theater scene.
Want to know more about Eastern State Hospital? Click on the videos below to meet staff, take a tour, and explore your career.
See why people like you chose careers with DSHS.
Interested or Questions? Apply on-line or send CV to Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-725-5848; reference 11408.
keywords: 71F, 98, 0852, 0854, therapy, therapist, cognitive, counselor, forensic
- Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security