State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DSHS ESH Nursing Assistant - Psychiatric Security Attendant
at State of Washington
Psychiatric Security Attendant - Nursing Assistant
Join us in Transforming Lives!
Eastern State Hospital has opportunities for experienced, motivated Nursing Assistants with a passion for helping people with mental health issues to join our team.
If you are currently working in a direct care setting that includes aspects of mental health or psychiatric assistance, we encourage you to explore what this job has to offer. We are looking for people who are passionate, tolerant, and have the ability to build long-term, beneficial relationships with both co-workers and patients. Over time, you will find that the challenge of this work is very rewarding and to become a contributing member of the team is worthwhile.
We have full-time opportunities available working evening and night shift. Evening and night shift staff receive $1.00 an hour shift differential.
Some of the things you will do:
- Provide patient care and security to patients with acute psychiatric and physical illnesses
- Observe and document behaviors and changes in patient conditions
- Participate in directed treatment plan for patients
- Encourage and supervise patients in group or individual recreational, social, and related activities, and acts as patient escort
- Lift and transfer patients
We're looking for someone who is:
- Willing to work with patients who have behavioral, emotional, psychiatric, social, medical, and or correctional problems, and who may exhibit inappropriate non-compliant and/or aggressive behavior
- Able to communicate with management, peers, clients, and the public
- proficient in the operation of the following equipment: computer, copy machine, metal detector, and patient lifting equipment
- Able to adjust scheduled hours of work to meet the hospital's workload demands
What We're Looking For
Professionals with two years of experience in care of psychiatric patients AND a current Nursing Assistant Certification (NAC) or Nursing Assistant Registration (NAR).
College level coursework/degree in Behavioral Science, Social Science, Social Services such as:
- Social Work
- Human Services
- Social Services
- Social Welfare
- Criminal Justice
For more information on nursing assistants click HERE.
Proof of education will be required at the time of the interview.
Want to know more about Eastern State Hospital? Click on the videos below to meet staff, take a tour and explore your career.
Questions? Contact a DSHS Recruiter at 509-363-4971 and reference #09966.
- Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its program or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security