State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DSHS ESA Office Manager
at State of Washington
Join us in Transforming Lives!
The Economic Services Administration, Community Services Division (CSD) has an opportunity for an Office Manager at the Goldendale Community Service Office.
In this role, you'll provide facilities coordination for the Ellensburg, Goldendale and White Salmon Community Service Offices. You'll be the facility coordinator, which includes serving as liaison with landlord, contractors, vendors and others regarding facility maintenance. You'll manage expense reports and forecasts, security system monitoring, design office space layouts, provide records management, and emergency repairs.
Some of what you will be doing:
- Coordinate multiple aspects of the day to day facility use and be the liaison with the landlord, vendors, regional business center, grounds and parking area
- Design layouts and cubicles/work area configuration and coordinates configuration changes to facilitate flow of office work between units
- Arranges facility maintenance, janitorial work, storage plans, emergency repairs and coordinated activities with involved parties to achieve these tasks efficiently and cost-effective
- Coordinate with Regional Office and Fleet Management for the maintenance and monthly reporting for three state vehicles
- Oversee the service maintenance on all equipment
- Interacts with the public and staff of all levels of DSHS to resolve administrative inquiries and issues
What we're looking for:
- Knowledge of office organization, methods, management principles and supervisory techniques
- Ability to plan, organize, assign, review and coordinate work production
- Ability to develop procedures for most effective utilization of space, equipment and personnel
- Effective communication skills for a diverse range of audiences
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Professionals with one of the following should apply:
- Bachelor's degree involving major study in business administration or closely allied field and one year of supervisory experience involving responsibility for planning, organizing and coordinating work in a business office
- One year of experience in state service as an Administrative Assistant 2, Human Resource Assistant 2 or Data Compiler 3
- Two years in state service as an Administrative Assistant 1 or Human Resource Assistant 1 or equivalent experience involving supervisory or office management responsibility.
To be considered for this opportunity please include:
- Cover letter describing how your work history and skills have prepared you for this job
- Three professional references - with current contact information
Questions? Email DSHS Recruiter or call (509) 363-4925 and reference #11311
- Supplemental Information
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security