State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DCYF IT Architecture Senior Specialist- Infrastructure Analyst - Olympia
at State of Washington
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2570238
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support
Overall Job Objective
- The hiring manager reserves the right to hire at any time, the first pull will take place 9/18/19, therefore, you are encouraged to apply ASAP.
The Department of Children, Youth, and Families is a new cabinet agency in Washington State and we are looking for professionals to join our build out team to reach our goals and mission.
DCYF is seeking a highly motivated and qualified IT Architecture/Senior (Infrastructure Analyst) that shares the same ideals and convictions we do. As a Senior level technician, this position supports both internal and external customers around the agency's IT division. This position is responsible for the design, implementation, support and maintenance of the agency's Infrastructure to include but not limited to virtual environments, physical servers, backup and recovery, monitoring systems, Storage Area Network, DNS, cloud hosted services, network services and infrastructure architecture implementation.
This position will focus on the support, design, development, and implementation for all Infrastructure systems related services, like Cisco UCS, virtualization, Windows servers, backup and recovery, DNS, and Storage Area Network solutions. The incumbent will also develop implementation plans for infrastructure architecture on basis of IT strategies and business requirements.
The success of the DCYF mission is directly impacted by the availability, integrity and quality of our IT infrastructure and systems. This position has in-depth and advanced knowledge of both the hardware and infrastructure needed to maintain operations and resolve complex technical issues for DCYF's mission critical systems, ensuring the availability, integrity and quality of networks and systems.
- Participates and support the design, implementation & management of the virtual infrastructure to support the administrations application hosting environments. This is accomplished utilizing the VMware and Hyper-V virtual environments.
- Responsible for upgrading, enhancing, and maintaining existing VMware and Hyper-V environments.
- Develop, administer, configure and maintain installation for Cisco UCS servers and Cisco UCS connectivity systems.
- Design, support the administration, and/or engineering of VMware Virtual environments with distributed virtual switch configuration.
- Upgrade, optimize, and maintain existing storage arrays (EMC and NetApp) and Cisco UCS servers.
- Configure and maintain the Cisco Virtual Machine Fabric Extender Configuration and Deployment.
- Serves as escalation point for Server/UCS support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
- Conduct system monitoring using vCenter Operations Manager, Solar Winds, Virtual Machine Manager, Veeam ONE or other tools, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Participate with developing, implementing, distributing and maintaining all hardware Windows images.
- Support, maintain windows server roles like DNS, DC/GC, Active Directory and system securities.
- Conduct timely and accurate research and analysis of initiatives and issues involving Infrastructure systems.
- Proactively identify and perform hardware and software upgrades and provide technical guidance to other virtualization administrators.
- Provides senior technical research and analysis on new technologies which have potential impact and/or provide improvements to service delivery.
What we are looking for:
Seven (7) years of information technology experience designing, programming, and maintaining Infrastructure systems to include but not limited to Windows operating system, Dell EMC Compellent, NetApp SAN Storage, and virtualization technologies.
Seven (7) years of information technology experience administering Cisco UCS, Cisco fabric Interconnects, Cisco Fabric Extenders, Cisco Blade Servers, Quest DR appliances, Veeam Backup and Replication, VMware and Hyper-V.
Seven (7) years of information technology experience supporting network resources contained within a Microsoft Active Directory, DCs, GCs, DNS, and DHCP environment.
Seven (7) years of information technology experience implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting a VMware or Hyper-V environment including experience with server creation, templates, clusters, datastores, migrations, troubleshooting, upgrading, and patching ESXi hosts.
Expert knowledge supporting, testing, administering or configuring Storage Area Networks, Backups and recovery services like Veeam Backups and Replication, Dell Compellent, DR appliances and NetApp San Storage.
Experience with cloud infrastructure services (AWS and Azure) and administration of multiple cloud services like; storage, servers, resource groups and identity mgmt.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Adapt easily to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities.
- Adapt approach and methods to achieve successful outcomes in dynamic situations.
- Consulting; Understand the customer's business requirements. Advocate for the customer's interests and objectives. Think and act proactively when consulting with customers and peers.
- Create a variety of technical and non-technical documents, to include but not limited to; status reports, incident reports, installation instructions, operations manuals, presentations, system diagrams and procedures.
- Professional Communications; Verbal and written skills commensurate with the needs of a professional IT organization. Ability to interact effectively with individuals, groups, peers, supervisors, managers, vendors and customers. Understands the need for confidentiality in a professional environment and demonstrates a proven ability to adhere to confidentiality agreements.
- Organize multiple assignments, sometimes of a complex nature involving competing priorities, to produce work products that are accurate, thorough, and on time.
- Work with professionals in a fast-paced, agile environment that employs DevOps and serves more than two dozen enterprise programs across a range of disciplines.
In addition to those required qualifications, our ideal applicant will also have some or all of the following:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field which includes 15 quarter hours of computer science and 7+ years of work experience working full-time in a professional IT workplace managing and maintaining Service Oriented Architecture infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, installing and/or maintaining Infrastructure systems as an Information Technology Systems Specialist 5 or equivalent or higher.
- Deep knowledge of virtualization, Cisco UCS Servers, Windows server configuration, hardware configuration, Storage Area Network, VMWare, Hyper-V, Veeam Backup & Replication, knowledge automating, creating and supporting custom windows images with System Center Configuration Manager or Microsoft Deployment tool kit.
- Moderate knowledge supporting network resources contained within a Microsoft Active Directory, DCs, GCs, DNS, DHCP environment.
- Expert Knowledge of computer servers, server operating systems, server tools and utilities, and server data backup and restore.
- Expert Knowledge of technical analysis, implementation, configuration, and upgrading of computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Expert knowledge of technical problem solving and analytical skills.
- Understand and can implement windows images with System Center Configuration Manager or Microsoft Deployment tool kit.
How do I apply?
In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
- Letter of interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position
- Current resume detailing experience and education
- A list of at least 3 professional references including names, professional titles, and current phone numbers.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
The initial screening will be based on the content and completeness of your application and the materials submitted. All information may be verified and documentation may be required. Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
DCYF is an equal opportunity employer and supports equity, diversity, inclusion and respect.
Need accommodation throughout the application/interview process? Unable to apply on-line? Contact the recruiter Elizabeth Flannery Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 407-1419 or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf at 800-833-6388
Experiencing technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application? Call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627 or email email@example.com.
To take advantage of Veteran's preference please attach your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22.Please black out your social security number prior to attaching.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.