State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrator - WorkSource Pierce (2019-07480)
at State of Washington
**** PLEASE NOTE: This job is posted continuously and will remain open until a selection is made. Application review will be ongoing, and therefore we encourage you to submit your application materials as soon as possible. The Hiring Manager reserves the right to close the posting at any time once a selection has been made. ****
Here's your opportunity to be a key part of how we live our vision and BUILD the nation's best and most future ready workforce – starting right at ESD!
Who We Are
Here at the Employment Security Department (ESD), we believe in the Power to Help when people need it most. We provide economic security to the people of Washington every day and in every corner of the state. We help people find jobs, bridge gaps in employment and soon we'll be providing paid family medical leave.
Why bring your talent to ESD?
At ESD we value Collaboration, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Innovation, and Integrity, Investing in our people and Service with kindness. We have a flexible work environment that respects your work/life balance, ensures your voice matters, and values a diverse workforce dedicated to the Power to Help when people need it most.
ESD a WorkSource partner, equip job seekers with the tools, training and resources they need to secure gainful employment. We empower our customers so that they can continue to provide for their families and their own well-being. Because of this, we believe there is no greater mission than that which can be found here at ESD. We need an Administrator within our Pierce Workforce Development Area who will embrace and model our culture and values.
We believe in creating a culture where all staff are viewed as respected leaders with a high level of influence and are encouraged to come up with new ideas. This type of approach equips our staff to continually look at our services and ensure we are providing the most value to our customers without any gaps. As a change management champion, you'll be able to clearly articulate the "why" behind changes to the culture and our service delivery models. We encourage you to apply now and join us in providing the greatest amount of good for the greatest amount of people.
As an ESD WorkSource Administrator, you are responsible for the operational oversight and delivery of agency services and programs, including performance, compliance, adherence to policies and laws, development of staff through coaching training and practice, and fiscal and budgetary resource management. You will embrace and model the organizations culture and values, while striving to meet agency, division, and local strategic goals and objectives. In addition, you'll grow and develop relationships within the partnership including government agencies, the business sector, economic development organizations, labor, community based organizations, and community service groups to enhance the area's economy and community support for agency services, programs and operations. The WorkSource Pierce Office is a One-Stop Job Center and the Administrator will work collaboratively and closely with the One-Stop Center Manager to ensure delivery of all employment services.
You will mentor supervisors and staff by modeling a Leader-Leader approach and engaging staff in a transformation mindset. The WorkSource Pierce service delivery environment features knowledge workers who prescribe to quality customer service, continuous learning, and continuous improvement. Equally important will be your ability to build and manage effective and robust partnerships between WorkSource and the Workforce Development Council (WDC) in support of developing an integrated service delivery system. This will require that you have excellent diplomacy skills in order to maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders, partners and governing entities.
Some of what you'll do and responsible for:
- Lead and oversee a staff of approximately forty six and operating budget of $4.7 million with 15 staff placed in co-location offices in the community..
- Maintain a respectful and collaborative working relationships with WDC and other key stakeholders within ESD and the community.
- Budget and program issues, considerations, alternatives, recommendations, changes, and exceptions.
- Lead local strategic efforts that support the expansion of our WorkSource services to employers and job seekers.
- Ensure adherence to agency policies program and procedures, and developing local plans.
- Respond to requests for proposals and procurement of internal and external funding resources.
- Hiring staff, evaluating, training, and scheduling staff work hours, personnel complaints and/or grievances.
- Assist in resolution of team issues.
- Public and legislative complaints and/or issues.
- Facility issues and needs, contracts, and lease agreements.
- Equipment issues and needs, equipment rental agreements, purchasing of equipment
- Assessing capacity issues and making appropriate levels of commitment to respond to community involvement.
- Guide personnel selection processes to ensure equity of opportunity and recognition of Affirmative Action priorities.
- Be a champion of Change Management efforts that support our culture of Customer First, Human Centered Design, Leader-Leader and Lean.
- Manage data sharing agreements, non-financial agreements, Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) and Infrastructure Funding Agreements (IFA).
- Adhere to policies regarding human resource issues such as ethics, just cause, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), equal employment opportunity (EEO), Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA), etc.
- Establish priorities using data and feedback; set goals and monitor performance.
- Leverage resources to assist job seekers with finding employment and coordinating delivery of services.
- Coordinate risk management plans and ensuring compliance to reduce liability.
- Bachelor's Degree and five (5) years of experience with managing and/or supervising staff in a diverse, multi-functional, customer-focused service delivery environment, or a combination of education (up to 4 years) and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) of those years must include managing and/or supervising staff that provide direct employment and training services.
In addition to the above qualification and experience, applicant must have the following:
- Proven leader with a track record of creating and establishing a respectful and productive work environment based on trust.
- Ability to assure that supervisors act and lead in a consistent and equitable manner
- Capable of empowering and engaging staff in process improvement/Lean events
- Knowledge of workforce and economic development, national/community service, and employment, training and/or social services programs.
- Experience planning, managing and monitoring expenditures in support of a program and effectively safeguarding financial resources.
- Skilled at analyzing and interpreting data and performance goals, assessing data to identify trends and characteristics influencing operational or performance outcomes
- Ability to manage procurement and contracting and write grants and proposals.
- Lean principles and tools including Human Center Design
- Change Management
- Human Resources and Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Public Disclosure laws and liability awareness
- Fiscal management principles and procedures
- Legislative processes and implementation requirements
- Supplemental Information
Attach the following documents to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field):
- Letter of interest/cover letter describing how you meet the requirements of the position
- Applications with comments such as "see attachments" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
- Final external candidates must pass an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Fraud Check.
- The Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference must attach a copy of their DD214 or other verification of military service. Please black out any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
Thank you for your service!
ESD's employee engagement survey scores improved by 8 percent in 2017. Our agency is devoted to ongoing improvement and continues to develop strategies and programs to enhance the employee experience. We are working to create a modern workplace designed to meet the needs of a changing workforce. We have wellness programs, telework policies and flexible schedules. We're working to update our facilities all over the state to enhance both the client and employee experience.
Opportunity for All
The Washington Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Please include your name and preferred pronouns in your application, to ensure we address you appropriately throughout the application process.
Questions: Please contact Phyllis Gallegos on the Talent Acquisition Team at 360-902-9455, Pgallegos@esd.wa.gov, HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov, or Washington Relay Service 711 with general questions, if you are a person with a disability needing assistance in the application process, or if you need this job announcement in an alternate format.