State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at State of Washington
Pay: $13 to $15/hour
$13 - $15
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 2626186
Overall Job Objective
SALARY RANGE: BENEFITS:$13.00 -15.00 per hour
Vacation, holiday and sick leave accrual will be prorated based on hours worked.
Medical benefits will be paid per District policy.
This position may be eligible for retirement benefits.
HOURS:PART TIME –
Generally 20 hours per week
Mason Conservation District is seeking an Accounting Intern to join the Administration and Finance team. The Administration and Finance Team is responsible for the general accounting, budget management, accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivable, and grant billing and collections for the District. The intern will assist with internal audits, grant and loan reporting, cash management, account reconciliation, project accounting, and various other administrative and fiscal tasks. This work will be performed under general supervision allowing the intern opportunity to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom and gain new skills and experience. To qualify, the applicant must be currently enrolled in college, with basic accounting knowledge, including successful completion of Accounting 101 or similar.
- Receive hands-on experience using various financial reporting tools
- Gain a greater understanding of government financial reporting
- Expand research skills by working on an internal audit
- Obtain an understanding of a the government request for proposal application process
- Learn about grant laws and regulations
- Gain an understanding of various government processes and regulations
- Gain an understanding of public disclosure regulations
- Gain an understanding of records retention schedules
The selected intern will work with Financial Accountant on a variety of duties including:
- Internal audit of various accounts for appropriate documentation and controls
- Reconciliations of various governmental accounts and programs
- Prepare grant and loan files for archive
- Assist with various financial statement reports
Knowledge and Experience Qualifications
- Competence with Microsoft Office; emphasis on Excel and Word
- Experience communicating effectively both orally and in writing
- Constructive problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently, multi-task and prioritize, complete tasks on time and produce quality, detail-oriented work
- Ability to prepare a basic journal entry; monitor, verify, and review accounting transactions for accuracy.
- Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, accounting practices and theory.
- Second year accounting student preferred.
- Completion of a Governmental Accounting Class.
- Currently enrolled in an Accounting, Finance or Business focused program at an accredited college.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. First review of applicants will take place on November 25th, position is open until filled.