Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Space Needle
# of openings:
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
To monitor quality, health and sanitation standards for culinary department. Assist in the development of world-class cuisine and refinement of recipes. Participate in the administration of policies and procedures for kitchen personnel.
- Follow AM/PM itinerary for assigned shift.
- Monitor standards of excellence for all culinary areas.
- Maintain standards for flavor and presentation parameters.
- Ensure that all food items are stored, handled and prepared in accordance with all health and safety procedures.
- Perform mise en place check on all stations, complete checklist, and take appropriate corrective action immediately.
- Ensure the Kitchen is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner at all times.
- Complete requisitions efficiently and effectively to maintain Par levels.
- Monitor staff breaks.
- Perform closing duties.
- Perform any other task assigned by Chef de Cuisine/Corporate Chef.
- Responsible for all food quality and production during assigned shift.
- Supervise the preparation and serving of quality food products to established service standards.
- Supervise Kitchen cleaning staff.
- Communicate closely with the Chef de Cuisine Chef/Corporate Chef regarding issues and concerns that arise during assigned shift.
- Work and assist in development of world-class cuisine and refinement of recipes.
- Assist with monitoring the chemical costs and safety issues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post Secondary Culinary Diploma
- Five to eight years of well-rounded culinary experience with knowledge of all kitchen positions.
- Three years leadership position in quality-orientated properties.
- Multi restaurant background: high volume, seasonal and banquet.
- Thorough knowledge of meat, fish, produce, dry goods, inventory and portion controls.
- Creative, imaginative and passionate about cuisine.
- Able to take direction and to delegate, train and effectively communicate to others..
- Organized, detail oriented and able to work in a collaborative team inspired environment which displaying a cooperative attitude.
- Able to lift 20 pounds, ten pounds overhead.
- Able to stand for ten hours with periodic breaks.
- Able to reach overhead to 7’.