Soundair Aviation Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technician Assistant / Assembler
at Soundair Aviation Services
- Snohomish, WA, USA
- Full Time
Soundair Aviation Services, is an industry leader specializing in the repair and overhaul of commercial aircraft components, parts development, and engineering solutions for our world-wide customer base.
This is a great opportunity for those interested in a hands-on position and has the desire to grow within a company. Must be dependable, familiar with tools, and motivated to learn.
The Technician Assistant / Assembler is responsible for the maintenance (activities relating to repair and overhaul) of aircraft components. Will train and work under the direction of a Technician and assure that customer orders are completed within company standards and procedures by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Has responsibility to assure that work is performed in accordance with the operations policy and procedure, including daily verification that all aircraft related material in area is properly identified, maintained, preserved, and segregated.
- For production under the Technician Assistant's control, assures that all work records and statements of work are performed in accordance with the specifications, and that all interim quality inspections are performed.
- Ensure that the data being used to perform maintenance and alteration tasks is current per the repair station requirements.
- Properly record the work performed on the appropriate maintenance record.
- Properly maintain personal training records.
- Is directly responsible to assure at the conclusion of the shift that all work areas are clean, orderly, and customer owned material requirements have been followed.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and tools in a serviceable and working condition. Perform other routine shop maintenance as required.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Basic electrical knowledge is helpful.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical writing.
- Team oriented, must have ability to work cohesively with others.
- Flexible and willing to shift priorities as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Dependable with good attendance and ability to work over-time as needed.
- Self-motivated; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Computer literate; proficient in business computer system.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing required.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); prefer some related college courses, certificate, or associate degree; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. hile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the warehouse work environment is usually moderate. Appropriate safety equipment will be provided.