OBJECTIVE SUMMARY: Prepares hot food items for patient tray line, cafeteria, doctor’s lounge, and catering functions according to production schedule. In absence of Production Coordinator or Director, supervises kitchen staff and acts as lead person.
- Prepares all food items specified on daily production records in quantities indicated
- Meets time deadlines for tray line, cafeteria service, catering and doctor’s lounge
- Follows standardized recipes. Follows kitchen opening/closing procedures
- Utilizes progressive cooking procedures to insure optimum quality product
- Utilizes appropriate garnishing and food presentation techniques to insure optimum quality
- Follows daily prep and pull schedules as indicated on production records
- Insures safety of food prepared by following safe sanitary food handling practices – hot food, cold food
- Follows specified cleaning procedures for all cooking equipment. Utilizes proper food storage practices – cover, label, date.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: High heat through steamer, oven griddle, steam table. Use of meat slicer and gas fryer. Daily exposure to extreme cold of walk in freezer. Daily use of chemicals specified to MSDS manual.
- Must be reliable, punctual, self-motivated
- Ability to follow verbal and written direction
- Follow recipes
- General knowledge of basic kitchen equipment
- Knowledge of cash register
- Customer service
- Short order cooking
- Must be able to communicate well
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude towards patients, co-workers, hospital staff and visitors, including the public
- Willingness to cross-train to other positions as needed