Sky Chefs Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DCA - Food Preparer
at Sky Chefs Inc.
For everyone on the go, our mission is to enrich their food and service experience.
We are the world's largest provider of airline catering and in-flight solutions. LSG Sky Chefs caters to over 300 airlines in more than 200 customer service centers in over 50 countries around the world. We are seeking individuals who have the desire and commitment to help us achieve our mission. Presently, we are seeking Food Service Workers at Reagan National Airport in Arlington, Virginia.
This position is responsible prepping and preparing sandwiches, salads, cold plates, appetizers and hors d’oeuvres and desserts and plating entrees and packing food carts in accordance with airline specifications and FDA and HACCP food hygiene standards.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Constant reaching and bending
- Working in cold environments (walk-in coolers)
- Constant lifting – light to heavy
Job Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- Good communications skills, able to read specifications and take direction from supervisor
- Able to do simple calculations and complete production forms
- Ability to use mobile shelving, carts, and airline catering equipment
- Able to use knives and other kitchen equipment safely and appropriately
The successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-hire drug test, previous employment verification and criminal history/background check.
This is a full time position. We operate 24 hours a day - 7 days a week. Weekend and shift work required.
We pay weekly and provide free parking, meals and uniforms.
Healthcare and other benefits are available after 90 days of employment.
All new employees are eligible for a $600 Retention Bonus after six (6) months of employment
YOU MAY APPLY IN PERSON. We accept applications Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m until 4 p.m. We also host a weekly Open House every Wednesday from noon to 4 p.m.
We are located at:
Reagan National Airport, 3733 Post Office Road, Arlington, VA
Our facility is located behind the Economy Parking lot at Reagan National Airport
- Ability to speak, read and understand the English language;preferred
- The ability to comply with all work rules and regulations;
- The ability to use knives and kitchen equipment (training provided);
- Must have excellent organizational skills;
- Must be flexible regarding work schedules and job duties;
- The ability to stand, bend, lift and move intermittently for eight (8) hours or more;
- Must be able to lift/push up to 50 pounds