Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aerospace Summer Internship (Paid) -(iGrad) all shifts
at Skills Incorporated
- Auburn, WA, USA
Skills Inc., an integral part of the aerospace supply chain is seeking motivated and hard-working individuals with a desire to learn more about the aerospace industry for a summer internships. We are a self funded non-profit with a social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities
Skills Inc. currently has several openings for summer interns, working in our Aerospace Manufacturing and Finish divisions. Accepted candidates will work in multiple areas, providing support while learning more about the aerospace finish process and the aerospace industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist as assigned throughout the Finish and Manufacturing shop floors.
- Learn about the Aerospace Finish and Manufacturing processes and aerospace supply chain.
- Utilize production work orders, documents, drawings, specifications, and written or oral instructions to perform tasks necessary to meet production requirements.
- Detect and report defective equipment, materials, and faulty operations to supervisor
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- U.S. Person status required due to export control.
- Knowledge in basic computer skills in Windows environment and basic literacy in MS Office.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic mathematical skills to the work environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers.
- Skill in prioritizing and managing a fast paced work environment.
- Skill in organizing, identifying, estimating and recognizing differences or similarities with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, and dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.
- Attention to detail.
- Adaptable to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Ability to read work instructions and procedures in English.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate in English through voice, or American Sign Language or adaptive technology.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 5 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 600 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.