Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aerospace - Paint Helper- All Shifts
at Skills Incorporated
- Auburn Plant One
- Auburn, WA, USA
- Full Time
We are seeking a Paint Helper to join our team. The ideal candidate will support painters in the proper setup and preparation of aerospace parts and paperwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Perform set-up for painting; fill out and maintain paperwork; coordinate work flow with painters; and perform other paint shop responsibilities.
- Count parts prior to processing; check for missed processes.
- Utilize production work orders, documents, drawings, specifications, and written or oral instructions to perform tasks necessary to meet production requirements.
- Detect and report defective equipment, materials, and faulty operations to supervisor.
- Maintain written and Visual Manufacturing records.
- Handle hazardous materials safely - add waste to containers, transfer waste to accumulation bins and label containers.
- Mixing paint, managing the mixing room.
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) effectively. This includes maintaining the area of the face where the respirator seals as clean and hair free.
- Filling out appropriate paperwork for paint work orders.
- Managing paint shop supplies.
- Prepare primer for topcoat by sanding.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Follow work rules and standard safety regulations at all times.
- Maintain safe working practice's and insure area is clean and free of any possible unsafe situations.
- Mix paint for painters, and touch up paint.
- Skilled in basic computer functions in a Windows environment and basic literacy in MS Office.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic mathematical skills to the work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team oriented and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Skill in prioritizing and managing a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and/or follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate in English through voice, or American Sign Language or adaptive technology.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment with a moderate noise level.
- Constant lifting and moving up to 25 lbs.
- Constant reaching, non-forceful grasping and fine manipulation.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent bending, squatting and twisting.
- Frequent exposure to liquid, aerated and solid hazardous materials.
- Occasional lifting and moving up to 40lbs.
- Occasional sitting while using a computer work station.
- Occasional use of respiratory protection. Must be clean-shaven daily.
- Occasional working above the shoulders.
- If Paint Helper is required to wear a respirator during the course of their job, they must be clean-shaven daily.
- Constant (67-100% of shift)
- Frequent (34-66% of shift)
- Occasional (11-33% of shift)
EEO and ADA STATEMENT
Skills Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, age, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. Skills Inc. complies with all relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).