Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aerospace - Dimensional Inspector
at Skills Incorporated
- Auburn Plant Two
- Auburn, WA, USA
- Full Time
We are seeking experienced Dimensional Inspectors to join our team on 1st shift (Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm) or 4th Shift (Friday-Sunday, 6:00 am to 6:30 pm).
The ideal candidate will conduct dimensional inspection of machined parts for aerospace and commercial customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Assure machined/assembled/formed parts meet the drawing, document and customer requirements.
- Dimensional inspection of assemblies and components, including aircraft hardware standards.
- Perform first part and in process inspections at the shop floor level
- Initiate rejection tags as necessary.
- Have/develop a working knowledge of Skills' Quality system and related procedures.
- Has a working knowledge of non-conforming materials procedures.
- Thorough understanding of aerospace and commercial drawings, parts lists and associated documents
- Familiarity with aerospace requirements for assembly components and assembly procedures
- Familiarity with Boeing Aerospace Company specifications including substitution lists
- Use of basic measuring equipment
- Basic familiarity with Windows based PCs and related applications, especially MS Office
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic mathematical skills to the work environment
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to read, write, communicate and/or follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate in English through voice, or American Sign Language or adaptive technology.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college or trade school
- Two (2) or more years of aerospace manufacturing experience
- Previous experience as a machine part dimensional inspector
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent periods of standing and /or walking
- Constant periods of sitting at a work station
- Frequently able to lift or move up to 40 lbs
- Frequent repetitive motions
- Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
- Occasional exposure to chemicals, odors and fumes
- Occasional exposure to loud noises
- Constant (67-100% of shift)
- Frequent (34-66% of shift)
- Occasional (11-33% of shift)
EEO and ADA STATEMENT
Skills Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, age, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. Skills Inc. complies with all relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).