Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aerospace - CNC Machinist
at Skills Incorporated
- Auburn Plant Two
- Auburn, WA, USA
- Full Time
We are seeking CNC Machinists to join our team on 4th Shift (Friday-Sunday, 6:00 am to 6:30 pm) or 7th Shift (Monday-Thursday, 4:30 pm to 3:00 am).
The ideal candidate will operate computer-controlled machines to perform one or more machine functions on metal or plastic work pieces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Set up manual and CNC equipment with limited supervision.
- Change cutting tools and adjust machine feeds and speeds as needed.
- Utilize measuring equipment used in the industry such as calipers, micrometers, height gage and other measuring equipment needed to complete work with limited supervision.
- Perform first part inspection and in process inspections.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and correct.
- Detect and report defective equipment, materials and/or faulty operations to supervisor.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Knowledge of CNC equipment capability and daily maintenance.
- Ability to use measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and other inspection gauges.
- Skill in performing mid-level math skills efficiently and accurately (including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fraction and decimals).
- Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, and dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.
- Ability to take direction from lead and supervisor to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and directly co-workers and supervisory personnel both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify, organize, estimate, and recognize differences or similarities with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and/or follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate in English through voice, or American Sign Language or adaptive technology.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment.
- Constant exposure to moderate noise.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Constant use hands/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel, handle and manipulate parts and tools.
- Constant use of personal protective equipment is required.
- Constant use of specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
- Frequent lifting and moving items up to 30 pounds.
- Frequent reaching with hands and arms.
- Frequent repetitive motions.
- Frequent use of hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material.
- Occasional exposure to chemicals and fumes.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Constant (67-100% of shift)
- Frequent (34-66% of shift)
- Occasional (11-33% of shift)
EEO and ADA STATEMENT
Skills Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, age, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. Skills Inc. complies with all relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).