Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aerospace - Assembly Technician
at Skills Incorporated
- Auburn Plant Two
- Auburn, WA, USA
- Full Time
We are seeking an experienced Assembly Technician to join our team on 2nd Shift (Monday-Friday, 3:30 pm to 12:00 am) or 4th Shift (Friday-Saturday, 6:00 am to 6:30 pm)
The ideal candidate will independently identify assembly sequence and set up assembly equipment as specified on manufacturing work order, assemble materials, deliver finished material to other work areas, and complete detailed work order.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTES
- Perform drilling, reaming, countersinking, set up, riveting, bonding, and other assembly duties using hand and power tools.
- Utilize measuring equipment used in the industry such as calipers, micrometers, height gage and other measuring equipment needed to complete work.
- Ability to be trained and certified in specific BAC assembly processes.
- Ability to repeat process without defects or causing defects to parts.
- Utilize production work orders and documents.
- Use prescribed procedures to inspect part(s) and product(s) produced to assure compliance to specifications that will eliminate defects, scrap, rework, etc.
- Ensure part(s) meet all Customer Quality requirements.
- Identify and correct root causes for quality problems.
- Detect and report defective equipment, materials and/or faulty operations to supervisor.
- Maintain equipment and work area on a daily basis in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed work rules and standard safety regulations at all times.
- Must be able to write and maintain instructions for new work coming to the area. Must keep records and pictorials of incoming work for future need and training.
- Mentor and assist in training other Assembly technicians.
- Perform a weekly 5S program in the area to improve work flow and maintain safety of workers in the area.
- Handles hazardous materials safely - add waste to containers, transfer waste to accumulation bins and label containers.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences.
- Ability to perform mid-level math skills efficiently and accurately (including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fraction and decimals).
- Ability to identify, organize, estimate, and recognize differences or similarities with excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of fastener specifications and adhesive requirements for the aerospace industry.
- Must be able to take direction from lead and supervisor to complete tasks assigned.
- Knowledge of 5s and lean concepts and ability to help move forward with achieving department goals.
- Ability to accept criticism and the ability to deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and/or follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate in English through voice, or American Sign Language or adaptive technology.
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of four (4) years' experience with aerospace drawings, specifications, and assemblies or equivalent education/experience
- Aerospace sheet metal work experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment.
- Constant exposure to moderate noise.
- Constant reaching in all directions.
- Constant standing, sitting and walking.
- Constant use hands/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel, or handle and manipulate parts and tools.
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Frequent repetitive motions.
- Frequently lift or move up to 25lbs and occasionally lift up to 40lbs.
- Occasional exposure to chemicals and fumes.
- Use of industry standard personal protective equipment (PPE) required.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Constant (67-100% of shift)
- Frequent (34-66% of shift)
- Occasional (11-33% of shift)
EEO and ADA STATEMENT
Skills Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, age, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. Skills Inc. complies with all relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).