Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager 3
Serves as Project Manager for key accounts and may assist junior Project Managers as needed. The purpose of this position is to facilitate jobs in the execution phase of our Client’s production needs. As a key facilitator within the supply chain for packaging artwork issues, you will communicate with design firms, printers, engravers, On-Site Personnel /Sales and Clients to ensure proper printability for packaging. As a key figure within the process, you will help maintain and improve sgsco’s relationship with the Client. Your primary concern will be to coordinate packaging production via job instructions and schedules to complete jobs. Within sgsco, you will effectively communicate specifications for each piece of packaging artwork on your brands by utilizing our order entry system as well as being a resource for production departments when issues or questions arise. The Project Manager is the primary resource to the On-Site Personnel and Sales, and the key point of contact to the Production Department at sgsco. PM must be able to adapt and create a plan when colleagues are absent.
Essential Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Results
· Consult with On-Site Personnel and/or Client during the artwork development and pre-press
· Attend any pre-production meetings (or other meetings), when feasible, per On-Site Personnel’s/Sales request or request of the Client
· Respond in a timely manner to Clients
· Lead and manage relationships with our Client(s) and internal and external stakeholders
· Communicate artwork issues with the client as well as internal and external stakeholders
· Respond to requests of Client/On-Site Personnel /Sales and others
· Document all critical and pertinent information that may impact quality
· Participate in process improvement efforts and various production meetings to foster a positive creative impact on the business
· Verify technical supplied data is correct to supplied art
· Manage project timelines
· Communicate received and shipped art to On-Site Personnel/Sales and perform user functionality in a Client’s database used for tracking artwork projects
· Understand the Client’s process (deliverables, rework)
· Communicate issues to Management
· Order entry (ensure orders are complete and concise when delivered to production)
· May provide training and guidance to junior Project Managers
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
This position requires the following knowledge and skills:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Some College/Associate’s Degree preferred
· 5 years’ experience preferred
· Experience in the design, print or production art industry
· Full comprehension in reading work instructions and business memos
· Proofreading skills required
· Ability to work independently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following physical requirements are commonly performed in this job. There are times, on occasion, when the employee may be asked or expected to perform duties with physical requirements that are different from those listed here. It is the employee’s duty to notify the management of any physical limitations or inability to perform a certain task.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.