Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transportation Management Assistant-Everett Location
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- The primary shift is Monday-Friday noon to 8:30 pm. Must be willing to work other shifts when filling in for Associates.
This position will support our Transportation team in the daily delivery process to include scheduling, driver support, communication with sales department on delivery issues, technology support that includes on board computers, delivery scanning, time keeping as well as regulatory compliance.
The primary shift is Monday-Friday noon to 8:30 pm. Must be willing to work other shifts when filling in for Associates.
- Maintain transportation payroll records in Kronos
- Maintain and prepare reporting of DOT compliance
- Driver Qualification files,
- Driver HOS logs
- Daily Trip Reports
- HAZMAT documentation
- Maintain route keys and alarm codes for deliveries
- Assist in daily dispatching of routes and check in of routes
- Assist in data entry for the driver's trip report
- Maintain lodging assignments and availability for driver layovers
- Assist in equipment repair reporting and logging process
- Maintain yearly vacation process/schedule for transportation associates
- Maintain holiday process/scheduling for transportation associates
- Maintain bid personnel database
- Investigate and communicate to customer issues pertaining to transportation
- Communicates and assist with the driver's schedule and route coverage
- Assist in the trouble shooting of delivery handheld units, delivery star printers, and fleet center OBC's
- Work with purchasing and delivery drivers on back-hauls and pickups.
- Coordinates unloading of all back-hauls on FSA trucks.
- Maintaining equipment files (licensing and insurance forms)
- Managing and scheduling of driver random drug screens.
- Maintaining route key sheets and delivery instruction sheets.
- Checking in of driver’s paperwork, scanners, printers and store keys.
- Support driver associates
- Daily communications with drivers on route questions or concerns.
- Daily communications with internal and external customers on Transportation issues.
- Daily research and follow up with customer service and drivers on invoicing credits and return issues.
- Tracking and submitting of overnight driver expense reimbursements.
- Various filing duties and slotting of drivers paperwork in driver’s mail slots.
- Utilize Roadnet Scheduling System to schedule customers minimizing mileage and distribution costs.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of office or transportation experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook
- Strong Communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, able to handle different situations, personalities and able to manage deadlines, able to work well with other departments
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to pass background investigation and drug test
Frequent sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
Constant use of both arms/hands while reaching/handling/grasping while using phone, record data, computer entry, compiling information and lifting.
Frequent stand/walk within office or warehouse areas.
Frequent bend/twist at waist/knees to and from standing position while performing routine warehouse functions.
Frequent bend/twist at waist/knees to and from seated position while performing routine office functions.
Occasionally climb stairs to and from work areas while carrying approx. 6-8, 1lb. driver packets.
Frequent lifting, 10 to 50 pounds.
Constant use of visual, speech and hearing abilities necessary to perform essential functions.
Able to handle a high volume/quantity workload at a fast pace to meet required deadlines.
Ability to handle last minute changes/corrections and customers over phone.
Organize/prioritize workload with accuracy and efficiently.
Must be detail-oriented, have mathematical abilities and be accurate in mathematical calculations.
Good interpersonal skills required. Contact with drivers/co-workers/supervisors and customers.
Must possess both oral/written communication skills.
Within warehouse and office setting.
Work stresses include heavy workload and dealing with deadlines under frequent interruption.
*Constantly over 80% time, Frequently 20-80% time, and Occasionally under 20% time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.