Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Claims Representative IAP - Entry Level - Seattle
Claims Representative - IAP
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
- Attendance and completion of designated classroom claims professional training program.
- Performs on-the-job training activities including:
- Adjusting lost-time workers compensation claims under close supervision. May be assigned medical only claims.
- Adjusting low and mid-level liability and/or physical damage claims under close supervision.
- Processing disability claims of minimal disability duration under close supervision.
- Documenting claims files and properly coding claim activity.
- Communicating claim action/processing with claimant and client.
- Supporting other claims examiners and claims supervisors with larger or more complex claims as assigned.
- Participates in rotational assignments to provide temporary support for office needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & LicensingBachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience as outlined below.ExperienceNo experience required with college degree. State license, self-insured certificate, WCCA/WCCP designation, or completion of the Sedgwick Claims Progression Program required without a degree. Prior claims experience preferred.Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlinesPhysical: Computer keyboarding, travel as requiredAuditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.is the leader in innovative claims and productivity management solutions to major employers. We provide cost-effective claims administration, managed care, program management and related services through the expertise of over 10,000 in 190+ offices and service locations. We are the largest, most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive recognition both as the “Best TPA in America” and “Employer of Choice.”
Sedgwick unique positioning allows you to “Claim Your Future.” We provide satisfying, challenging work along with a highly professional, friendly work atmosphere. We strive to make Sedgwick a place where great people can do great things for our clients. We express this commitment through our colleague development program, multi-dimensional learning resources, and commitment to work-life balance. Sedgwick offers exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (day one health benefits, STD, LTD, Life, 401(k) plus match, EAP, generous vacation and PTO)
- Flexible work schedules
If you desire a company where you can positively influence lives while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. Join our Talent Network to explore opportunities.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
- Share job opportunities through Social Media or email