Seattle Community Colleges
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Seattle Community Colleges
- Position Summary
The tutor position is a part-time, hourly position at North Seattle College, Seattle Central College, and South Seattle College. A tutor may assist in many possible departments on campus and tutor in a variety of areas such as math, engineering, physics, chemistry, biology, and others.
Hours: Maximum 16 hours per week. Shift hours and hours worked per week may depend on the area in which you are hired.
The position is open until filled and applications are considered on a quarterly basis.
- Submit the online application (required)
- Provide answers to supplemental questions (required)
- Attach relevant transcripts (required, unofficial acceptable)
- Attach a resume (optional)
- Attach a cover letter (optional)
Seattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Essential Functions
- Tutor students
- Maintain contact with supervisor
- Arrive on time
- Respect confidentiality
- Perform other duties as required
- Required Education, Experience & Abilities
- Subject area knowledge
- Willingness to participate in CRLA training
- Ability to tutor in more than one area
- Preferred Qualifications
- Completion of relevant courses with one or more of Seattle Colleges