Seattle Community Colleges
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Seattle Community Colleges
- Position Summary
This is a supervisory level position. This position supervises electricians and other assigned personnel such as labors, or helps engage in installation, modification, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment and systems. Positions function as a recognized expert who is sought out by others to complete major projects or resolve highly complex problems. Plans, lays out, and directs shop activities. Position may supervise electricians engaged in skilled high voltage work.
Hours & Days: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday, may work 2nd shift; four, ten hour days during summer months.
- Submit a complete application
- Submit a resume
- Submit three professional references who are familiar with your work
- Submit a letter of application stating how your education and experience meet the essential functions and qualifications for this position
Seattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement with representation by WFSE and is subject to union shop provisions.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position
- Essential Functions
- Supervises electricians and others assigned personnel involved in installing, maintaining, repairing and altering electrical systems and equipment. Resolves complex problems.
- Reads electrical plans and blue prints; inspects maintenance and installation projects to ensure compliance with local codes; determines scope of work, materials needed, and their cost and availability.
- Schedules and coordinates dates for arrival of personnel, supplies and equipment in accordance with established completion schedule; orders material and maintain inventories of required materials to support operations.
- Assist in preparing departmental budgets, keeps shop records, and writes reports when required.
- Respond to emergencies.
- Enforces safety rules and maintains control of shop activities according to established procedures.
- May plan, identify, direct and inspect the work of high voltage electricians engaged in high voltage electrical work.
- Required Education, Experience & Abilities
- Must have current Washington State EL01 Journeyman license.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license will be required.
- Knowledge of: standard practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment of electrical trade; electrical codes; safety precautions; record keeping; basic computer skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and work from blue pints, plans and sketches; estimate materials and personnel needed to complete project; supervise crew of electricians or others.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Database experience