Schnabel Engineering, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Civil Engineering Intern
at Schnabel Engineering, Inc.
Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in dam, geotechnical, geostructural, and tunnel engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities they live in and support, are a vital part of who they are and what they offer. Founded in 1956, Schnabel has experienced tremendous success and growth through its dedication to excellence in client service, high quality, and value-added solutions. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and Top 10 Dams and Reservoirs Design Firm with 400 employees in 22 offices throughout the United States and headquartered in Richmond, Virginia.
Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, life and disability. Engagement in Schnabel’s wellness program offers incentives for employees to pursue a healthy lifestyle, and the firm rewards employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Are you looking for interesting and meaningful work, a fun and flexible atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and excel? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation. Our Seattle, WA office is seeking a temporary full-time intern with a Civil Engineering background to support our growing business. The emphasis for this position is broadening the intern’s practical knowledge and experience by applying professional principles to real problems under the supervision of senior engineering personnel. The position will be held from May through August of 2021.
- Assisting in performing hydrology and hydraulic studies; reinforced concrete design; geotechnical investigations and analyses
- Preparing construction plans
- Drafting reports
- Performing construction observation and materials testing
- Some travel may be required
- Current enrollment in an ABET-accredited Civil Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
- Junior, senior, and graduate students only
- Prior professional work or summer intern work in a related field is desirable but not required
- Possess good oral and written communications skills and computer literacy
- Ability to work with direction as part of a team
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks including office and field work
- Desire and willingness to work outdoors
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle; mileage (excluding mileage for commute) will be reimbursed based on the allowable IRS rate for travel assignments
- Ability to pass a pre-employment employment screening
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability