Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Underwriting Internship - Spring Semester 2020
at RLI Corp
At RLI, we're always looking to hire and develop tomorrow's leaders. Internships at RLI are designed to provide college students the opportunity to gain hands on experience working on challenging projects to allow you to:
- Gain real-world job experience and training from seasoned professionals
- Impact our business with meaningful projects and assignments
- Build relationships through planned education and social activities
RLI's Mainstreet Product Group is looking for an underwriting intern in our Seattle, WA office.
This internship is targeted to start in January 2020, with opportunity to continue throughout the summer. The hours will be part-time (10-20 hours per week) based on class schedule.
Main Duties Include:
- Participate in internal underwriting sessions, teaching the basic foundation of commercial insurance
- Work alongside Underwriters to develop an understanding of the position, while completing tasks as assigned
- Assist Underwriters by performing research projects on the divisions current book of business
- Assist Underwriters by helping prep account files including, new business and renewal accounts.
- Analyze and interpret data from various systems and underwriting resources.
- Has an interest in a carrier within the insurance industry
- Demonstrates a good work ethic, relationship building skills, and analytical thinking
- Strong research and writing skills
- Basic computer knowledge - Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Junior or Senior student of any major, although a preference towards Insurance & Risk Management, Business, Accounting/Finance, Economics, etc.
- 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA required