Qurate Retail Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Buyer - Swimwear & Outerwear
at Qurate Retail Group
Senior Buyers are responsible for independently driving all aspects of their business. They are the champion of the business by leading the product assortments, negotiating and developing strategic vendor partnerships, and delivering great brands and products at an amazing value proposition.
Our ideal Senior Buyer is ambitious in nature, manages priorities, comfortable working in cross-functional teams, organized, adept at delegating and passionate about the retail industry. Partners with Merchandise Manager on overall category business strategies, as well as team development. They are viewed as leaders on the team.
Job Description Details
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Delivers on financial goals
- Leader in Brand Management: Responsible for setting the example for sharing vendors
- Thinks beyond individual portfolio and category. Recognizes when it is time to right size their portfolio
- Focuses on product, category and new emerging trends
- Steps back and recognizes/celebrates the success of the team
- Champions the business. Thinks globally
- Leadership: Is a role model; thought of as the go to person; steps up and leads meetings and trainings
- Delegation – responsible for allocating duties to the team
- Identifies/actively seeks out brands, trends, products and white space that represent our customer’s needs
- Is a passionate negotiator and shares knowledge with the team as coach and mentor
- Buying responsibility and financial accountability for respective buying category
- Build strong relationships with vendors, focusing on vendor management and development
- Partners with the Merchandise Manager on calendar curation
- Collaborative across the merchandising team and with cross functional groups
- Ability to remain flexible and willing to change strategies as business needs dictate
- Required to develop, coach and mentor. Has an invested interest in their teams’ career growth
- Active participants in driving company and Merchandising initiatives
- Is able to step in when Merchandise Manager is unavailable
- Actively demonstrates managerial courage, and is able to communicated with all levels of the organization
- Identifies areas of opportunity, is solution focused and appropriately communicates to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of work and experience
- Minimum of 5+ years�� buying experience or relevant retail experience, plus 3 years management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of merchandising financials and the ability to manage profitability
- Experience in ecommerce preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel a minimum of 10%
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
At Qurate Retail Group you’ll discover a whole world of difference!
You’ll feel the energy everywhere at Qurate Retail Group. We are a select group of like-minded brands, a world of individuals all driven by a shared passion for bringing joy, inspiration and humanity to shopping. Working together with integrity and purpose, in a culture like no other. When you’re part of Qurate Retail Group, you’ll be one of 27,000 difference makers in eight countries who help millions of customers around the world discover curated collections of unique products every single day. We are not limited by bricks and mortar or defined by any screen. We are always evolving, ever expanding and we never stand still. We rise to the occasion, discover what’s next and ignite the industry. We are creating the third way to shop.