Qurate Retail Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Qurate Retail Group
The Assistant Buyer position is a developmental role intended to prepare for an Associate Buyer position. ABs are responsible for supporting a Buyer through management of events, they will negotiate and build compelling product assortments. They are responsible for assisting their Buyer to exceed financial goals, ensuring their vendors are delivering quality product, and executing all events. The AB will also manage a small portion of the Buyer’s portfolio and Buyers will drive successful business through strategic partnerships and strong analytical skills. In the absence of the Buyer, the AB is responsible for running the buying office.
Our ideal AB is ambitious in nature, analytical, creative, comfortable working in cross-functional teams, and passionate about the retail industry.
Job Description Details
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage and execute events that will delight and exceed the expectations of our customers. Devise and execute creative solutions as issues arise to ensure successful event.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships. Educate vendors on zulily practices and business model. Answer all vendor contacts in a timely manner and proactively resolve any issues that arise. Partner with vendor to obtain all information necessary to launch event
- Identify products and vendors for zulily site in assigned category. Under direction of the Buyer, develop, evaluate and negotiate terms (price, quantity, delivery/ payment terms) for new and existing products to maximize demand and margin. Identify and implement opportunities to increase demand and margin.
- Price products to optimize demand through evaluation of product cost, sell through and margin and other factors.
- Curate events by selecting product assortment and determining best presentation. Utilize data regarding past product and event performance to inform decisions regarding assortment.
- Audit event before going live to ensure accurate and compliant product selection.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure successful post event process including holding vendor accountable for shipment timing and partnering with AP on timing payment.
- Use discretion and exercise independent judgment to drive the business.
- Plan events and drive vendor demand to achieve financial goal.
- Responsible for reviewing and auditing events to ensure product compliance with Copyright and Trademark laws.
- Develop and manage timelines to ensure event success. Work with vendors and internal stakeholders (creative, AP, Vendor ops) on timelines and hold buying team accountable for following them. Proactively reassess timelines to accommodate last minute changes to ensure successful event, positive vendor experience and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders. Leads the team through embodiment of zulily values, delegation and coaching teammates.
- Analyze item, category and event sales to follow trends and react accordingly based on performance. Incorporate assessment of customer feedback to ensure quality standards to drive best experience for our members.
- Responsible for daily functions to ensure event success. Ensure Data Entry Specialists have completed all tasks necessary for event launch (comp shop, size charts, upload & match, pre audit).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of work and experience preferred
- 2-3 years of retail or relevant sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of merchandising and retail math
- Experience in ecommerce preferred
- Experience in analyzing reports and drawing conclusions/recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to differentiate between colors.
- Able to be self-sufficient and independently drive actions
About Qurate Retail Group
Qurate Retail Group comprises seven leading retail brands — QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, and Grandin Road — all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations. Qurate Retail Group is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). Qurate Retail Group combines the best of retail, media and social to curate products, experiences, conversations and communities for millions of highly discerning shoppers -- bringing joy, inspiration and humanity to shopping. Qurate Retail Group also curates large audiences, across multiple platforms, for thousands of brand vendors. Headquartered in West Chester, Pa., Qurate Retail Group has 27,000 team members in the U.S., the U.K., Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland and China. For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) includes the Qurate Retail Group portfolio of brands as well as other minority investments.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
At Qurate Retail Group you’ll discover a whole world of difference!
You’ll feel the energy everywhere at Qurate Retail Group. We are a select group of like-minded brands, a world of individuals all driven by a shared passion for bringing joy, inspiration and humanity to shopping. Working together with integrity and purpose, in a culture like no other. When you’re part of Qurate Retail Group, you’ll be one of 27,000 difference makers in eight countries who help millions of customers around the world discover curated collections of unique products every single day. We are not limited by bricks and mortar or defined by any screen. We are always evolving, ever expanding and we never stand still. We rise to the occasion, discover what’s next and ignite the industry. We are creating the third way to shop.