Quality Custom Distribution
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Driver - Class B
at Quality Custom Distribution
- Job ID
*****$2,500.00 Sign-On Bonus*****
The following list of duties and responsibilities represents the essential functions of the job. An employee may be required to perform additional duties not listed on an occasional or frequent basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- DRIVING: Following Department of Transportation (DOT), state, and federal regulations, drives tractor-trailer unit safely from the distribution center to all points of distribution and returns.
- PAPERWORK: Under the direction of the DOT, and golden state foods Operations, the driver is responsible for accurately maintaining a record of the trip on the manifest. Also is required to fill out a vehicle inspection report. DOT logs and fuel trip sheet are to be handled on Qualcomm in each tractor.
- UNLOADING: Following Quality Inspection Procedures (QIP) and golden state foods Policy, the driver is responsible for accurately unloading the customer’s order case by case (case weights are from a minimum of 1 pound up to 50 pounds) to a receiver in the store. Equipment utilized to accomplish the unloading process includes: pallet jack, handtruck (with up to 200lbs), standard conveyor, conveyor, and or liftgate. In addition, the driver uncoils the Bulk Coke tank hose into the store, fills the store’s Coke tank, and recoils the hose.
Driver is also responsible for reconciling any over, short, or damaged product, which may occur. An average route is 1,180 cases or up to 43,000 pounds.
- BACKHAULING: Following Quality Inspection Procedures and golden state foods Policy, the driver is responsible for accurately receiving product from vendors, reconciling any over, short, or damaged products, and driving product safely back to the Center. Also, responsible for verifying shippers count.
- SPOTTING: Following golden state foods Safety Policies, driver moves semi-trailers from various dock doors, yard, fuel island, and shop locations including dropping and hooking equipment as needed with the use of a semi-tractor or a yard horse.
- SAFETY: Performs all tasks to assure personal safety, safety of others and protection of the Center and its equipment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Has a currently valid Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator’s license issued from one state or jurisdiction
- 1 year minimum tractor-trailer driving experience with an accident-free driving record
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years of age in accordance with the FMCSR part 391
- Physically qualified to drive a Commercial Motor Vehicle in accordance with FMCSR Subpart E – Physical Qualifications and Examination of Part 391.
- Functional mobility and physical strength consistent with the essential job functions but not limited to the ability to stand, sit, walk, climb, kneel, bend, twist, lift, carry, push, pull, and maintain balance in awkward positions
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions, directions, schedules, policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to maintain professional customer service relationships while reconciling over, short, and damage consistent with the essential job functions
- Previous experience preferred in delivery of partial shipments with responsibility to customer services and invoices
- The driver works in a variety of areas inclusive of but not limited to:
Operations, yard, cab, outside of trailer on safety platform for Stop 1, inside of trailer consisting of three temperature compartments: 1) 0° to -5° F; 2) Outside temperature and 3) 35° to 40°, store parking lot, inside of store, shipping docks.
- Noise level in truck cab is 40-45 decibels meeting DOT requirements
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Average route and work day is 12 to 14 hours with some layovers required
- Center is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Trucks with standard 9- or 10-speed transmission
- Xata – electronic monitoring device
- Gravity conveyor systems
- Two-wheel hand cart
- Pallet jack/Electric pallet jack.