Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Customer Led Development Construction and Development Manager
Job Title:VP, Customer Led Development Construction and Development Manager
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis is seeking a VP, Construction and Development Manager passionate about construction and eager to manage developments beginning with land due diligence and entitlement through design and construction. You would be part of a global development team of construction and development professionals building over a billion dollars in industrial buildings per year. Note: this role is posted in our East Rutherford, NJ location. However, we are flexible for the successful candidate to work in another Prologis market office or HQ office that might differ from the posted location. Preference of office location would be New York City/NJ metro area, New Jersey, Atlanta, SF Bay Area, or Seattle.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Lead a team of consultants and contractors to develop site and floor plans, specifications, construction budgets, and schedules for key customers on BTS opportunities.
- Develop, tender and manage bid packages for a variety of sizes of projects ranging from $15,000,000 to $150,000,000+ in development cost across multiple markets.
- Execute design and construction innovations and value engineering opportunities that will enhance and futureproof Prologis’ and our customers’ developments without compromising functionality or life-cycle costs.
- Interface and develop working relationships with various internal Prologis groups, customers, general contractors and public agencies
- Ensure customer satisfaction through each project
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Understand & embrace the customer-oriented culture of Prologis and the CLD Group.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, construction management, architecture, or engineering (Civil or Structural) is preferred.
- Solid experience working on construction projects, preferably for a general contractor or subcontractor.
- Experience in project pursuit, estimating, and scheduling
- Able to travel more than 50% of the time – this will depend on candidate location (coastal locales will mean less travel, inland home-base will include more travel)
- Promote a solution-minded approach to development and project management
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time
Location:East Rutherford, New Jersey
Additional Locations:Atlanta, Georgia, San Francisco Office, Seattle Office
The World’s Leader in Logistics Real Estate
Prologis provides efficient logistics real estate solutions to the world. In partnership with top manufacturing and distribution companies, we ensure timely delivery of the products that make modern life possible.