Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Title:Leasing Associate
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Primarily responsible for driving and executing leasing transactions, renewals and maintaining positive relationships within an assigned portfolio. Drive growth through successful marketing, negotiations, and leasing transactions. This individual must be able to identify opportunities for deals in their assigned areas and be able to execute deals in a timely manner.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Manage leasing activity to maximize the value of the assigned portfolio.
- Create, maintain, grow and foster quality relationships with existing and prospective tenants. Be responsible for all aspects of local customer relationships, including the assurance of customer satisfaction. Develop an in-depth understanding of our tenants – their business, strategies, customers, and trends that impact their need for space.
- Establish contact and trusting relationships with broker community.
- Coordinate in-house leasing activity with construction and development, legal, accounting/finance and property management.
- Negotiate both long-term and short-term agreements that are on favorable terms to the Company.
- Review of all lease documents: proposals, new leases, renewals/extensions/expansions, amendments, license agreements, co-brokerage agreements.
- Perform marketing activities to include prospecting tenants, marketing to brokers and agents, developing presentations and writing lease proposals.
- Manage the creating of marketing/presentation materials, broker mailings and maintain portfolio availability in databases as necessary.
- Become the market expert in your particular sub-market regarding market conditions such as rents, available product and general economic trends.
- Join appropriate local ownership/brokerage organizations and participate in appropriate ongoing organizational and community events. Meet/correspond with important industry players (owners, brokers, politicians, contractors, vendors, industry experts, analysts, etc.) to promote the Prologis strategy and brand. Attend industry functions to promote the Company.
Financial Planning Control
- Participate in the budget process and maintain awareness of property financial performance relative to budget.
- Provide reporting, market and other relevant information to various internal practice groups, including Acquisition, Development, Disposition, Capital Partners and Valuations.
- Meet periodically with Property Management to assess properties and strategize on initiatives.
Tell us if you're ready:
- Bachelor’s degree from a Four-Year College or university; and related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years minimum of experience in leasing and brokerage field and related business experience in connection with the sourcing, negotiation, and execution of commercial leases/contracts.
- Must have persuasive presentation and negotiation skills.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude, with a sense of humor.
- Good team player, strong initiative and customer service oriented.
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- PC Proficiency to include but not limited to MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and ability to learn company specific software including internet searches/mining.
- Must possess a driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.?? Ability to travel to other company locations/properties.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time
The World’s Leader in Logistics Real Estate
Prologis provides efficient logistics real estate solutions to the world. In partnership with top manufacturing and distribution companies, we ensure timely delivery of the products that make modern life possible.