Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Receivable/Project Specialist
at Precise Systems
Precise Systems is a professional services company currently working for the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, and U.S. Air Force; competing as a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) under several NAICS codes. Our core competencies include systems engineering, program and project management, logistics, information technology and cyber security, and software development services. We were founded in 1990 and since our establishment we have been providing cutting edge solutions and support to our warfighters. We understand and provide expert consultation on network and weapons systems acquisition programs, maintenance/modernization programs, and sustainment programs.
The Accounting Department is looking for an Accounts Receivable/Project Analyst. This position is responsible for Costpoint project setup and all aspects of the accounts receivable function. The ideal candidate will be familiar with basic government contract types (Cost plus fixed fee, T&M, FFP, etc.) particularly as they relate to billing and revenue and will collaborate with the Project Finance team to develop a project structure that will meet the needs of the program. It is the responsibility of this position to enforce the setup/system policies in order to remain compliant with key controls and maintain the integrity of the Costpoint financial data. Responsibilities of this position include:
Validation and entry of project setups to ensure that projects are set up to properly capture costs, recognize revenue, and invoice customers. To ensure compliance with all applicable contract terms, company policies and procedures with regard to project setup. Update project information periodically as needed.
Prepare semi-monthly and monthly invoices from the Costpoint system as required in accordance with specific contract terms. Provide CLIN and ACRN analysis for invoice submittals in WAWF. Prepare labor and travel backup support documentation for each invoice as required. Process cash receipts from customers. Solve problems and correspond with customers on invoice questions and payment status. Reconcile billing data to Costpoint financial reports (PSR, Revenue Worksheet, and Labor/Non-Labor Summary reports) and provide detailed unbilled dispositioning and analysis. Perform special projects in support of the Accounts Receivable department as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field or a combination of education and experience
- 5+ years' experience in Project Finance and/or Accounts Receivable
- 3+ years' experience using Deltek Costpoint in billing and revenue
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, and collaborate effectively across different levels of the organization and with customers
- Solid understanding of general accounting concepts related to AR
- Strong analytical skills related to billing/AR and an innate ability to solve problems
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and remain flexible in a fast paced and changing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Precise Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Precise Systems, Inc. participates in E-Verify.