Plymouth Housing Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Plymouth Housing Group
The Float Janitor position works to maintain a safe, clean, living environment in the buildings. To do this, the Float Janitor is responsible for all major janitorial duties such as cleaning common baths, showers, toilets, maintaining clean hallways, stairs, common areas, including vacuuming and shampooing carpets. The Float Janitor prepares vacant units for incoming tenants. The Float Janitor is responsible for maintaining the lobby, cleaning and waxing floors, cleaning windows, taking out the trash, and changing out light bulbs in common areas. The Float Janitor may also assist the Building Manager or other building staff with special cleaning tasks, unit turns, and pest control.
This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
Location: Any Plymouth Housing building
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
(Responsibilities, accountabilities, and competencies; may not include all duties of this job)
- Maintains order and a safe, sanitary living and work environment including offices, outside areas and grounds.
- Performs floor stripping, waxing, and buffing in common areas and in units at turn.
- Monitors all areas of the building and systems for cleanliness and maintenance needs.
- Clean common baths, showers, toilets and kitchens.
- May be required to clean body fluids.
- Clean windows.
- Clean common areas, including vacuuming and shampooing carpets, mopping floors, washing walls, and cleaning furnishings.
- Take out trash and rotate dumpsters.
- Performs light maintenance and cleans vacated units upon turnover.
- Performs pest control treatments, including bed bugs.
- Change out light bulbs in all common areas as needed.
- Tracks and maintains janitorial supply inventory.
- Works with Maintenance Supervisor to submit work orders.
- Participates and contributes to meeting of team goals.
- Assist in rooftop safety escorts.
- Fill in for vacant Janitor positions.
- Obtain certificate in fall prevention training.
- Pre-inspection on vacant units.
- Landscape/trim hedges.
- Attend OSHA basic industry training.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
(Any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
Experience: Two years janitorial and multifamily or hospitality cleaning experience.
- Knowledge of proper use of cleaning agents.
- Must have personal skills to communicate appropriately with tenants.
- Ability to understand and read English.
- Should be familiar with or able to learn how to use Microsoft Outlook email.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Experience working with diverse, low-income or special needs population.
- Knowledge of Hazmat procedures.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Outlook.