Ply Gem industries
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Engineer 2
at Ply Gem industries
- Job ID
- # Positions
Assists with product designs and improvements. Creates detailed design drawings utilizing design software. Develops and maintains all product drawings, specifications, and support information. Manages company-wide product documentation system. Maintains product testing, and supports other new product development and current product refinement projects as assigned.
- Assists with new product designs, improvements to existing product lines, and competitor product analysis.
- Creates component and assembly drawings. Uses design software to create detailed drawings of product parts and assemblies to established document standards.
- Creates product support documents, sales illustrations, Bills of Material, and installation instructions. Develops supporting technical product information such as formulas, test data, and general information.
- Provide technical product support. Answer questions, provide drawings, and perform investigations for customers, sales, service, QA and others as needed.
- Manages product documentation and documentation systems. Maintains accuracy and currency of all technical product information through standard process for document approval and control. Maintains product design and product information support.
- Ensures maintenance of all required product certifications as assigned. Orders and schedules product testing. Orders test units and supervises testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Design, or other related field, or combination of education and experience.
Minimum of two years' experience in product development, engineering, Quality Assurance, or other technical function working with product and/or manufacturing specifications.
Ability to perform engineering calculations to drive design decisions
Ability to present technical information to technical and non-technical personnel.
Ability to manage engineering documentation systems across several departments.
Skilled in CAD (AutoCAD & Inventor preferred), MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required
Additional Skills a plus
Advanced training in AutoCAD and Inventor.
Proficiency in 3D modeling and GD&T
Knowledge of window design and fabrication processes
Knowledge of building codes and fenestration certification requirements.
Minimal travel required.