Plus One Health Management, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lifeguard/Certified Pool Operator
at Plus One Health Management, Inc.
We are currently seeking a part time Lifeguard /Certified Pool Operator to service an indoor swimming pool for a luxury hotel fitness center in New York, NY.
- Ensure timely opening and closing of pool area according to scheduled hours of operation. Follow opening and closing checklist and procedures.
- Provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the patrons of the swimming pool.
- Provide emergency services as needed. Keep all emergency, lifesaving and/or water safety certifications current.
- Enforce all policies regarding use of pool and pool areas.
- Maintain cleanliness and proper presentation of pool area.
- Check chemical balance of pool and make all necessary adjustments as needed within an accepted time period.
- Ensure proper settings, functioning and/or maintenance of all pool components and equipment, include: drains, skimmers, pumps, filters, heaters, flow meters, jets, etc.
- Properly document chemical levels, bathers’ usage, as well as all incidents and duties performed.
- Lock the pool door when you leave the area (for whatever reason) & leave the keys with the receptionist.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures for the Fitness Center / Spa and +1.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Assist with special projects, events and promotions as needed.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as suggested by supervisor.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- All other duties assigned.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- To always maintain and actively demonstrate a “Member is #1” perspective.
- Always provide service with a smile to guests and clients.
- Remember to use the words "please" and "thank you" whenever appropriate.
- Always provide a positive environment to patrons, even if the answer to a patron's question is "no".
- Always address patrons on a last name basis (ie. Mr. Smith) and use name often when interacting with patron.
- Always give 100% attention to a patron's request and the resolution to the request.
- If a patron has a problem that you cannot handle, either call the manager, or tell them that you will research the information, and will personally contact them with a response.
- Represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times and personify the values presented in our Company philosophy.
- Incorporate the values of the +1 Mission Statement in all daily activities.
- Six months experience as a lifeguard
- Certified Pool Operator certification
- Minimum High-School diploma or equivalent (college attendance preferred)
- Current lifeguard certification. and CPR certification
- Demonstration of organizational, communication and service oriented skills
Plus One, an Optum company (internally known as On-Site Services), ignites employee activation in health ownership and drives engagement in health and wellness programs through four of the most common health goals: move more, eat better, be safer and be mindful. Our services are located at the employer’s worksite, and our local presence positions us to build trusting relationships, nurture emotional commitments and discover employee aspirations, with our on-site staff serving as program educators. Our services cater to populations within the corporate, government and education fields, and our on-site capabilities include fitness, nutrition, ergonomics, coaching and health promotion. Join the Plus One team and you'll have opportunities to drive bold change and achieve excellence. Ask any of our fitness and wellness professionals and they'll tell you that working with Plus One is the most rewarding experience they have had in their careers. This is a place where you can stay ahead as you do your life's best work.
Perks of Working at Plus One, an Optum Company:
- Competitive compensation, with opportunities for career growth nationwide
- Energetic atmosphere that promotes a work/life balance with a flexible schedule and weekends off
- Health and life insurance for eligible team members
- Disability and voluntary benefits for eligible team members
- Paid time off for eligible team members
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to state of the art facilities with functional training areas and top-of-the line strength and cardio equipment
- Continuous internal growth and career development with free continuing education opportunities and credits
- Complimentary CPR/AED re-certification
- Exclusive company discounts on select services, products, conferences and events
- Qualified transportation and parking benefit
Plus One, an Optum company, is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs, our website www.plusone.com or our Facebook and LinkedIn pages.