Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Leasing Specialist- Tax Credit Property Management
at Peak Living
- Kent, WA, USA
- Part Time
Peak Living is currently seeking a qualified Leasing Specialist, with tax credit experience, to join our team! Under the direction of the Assistant Community Manager, the Leasing Specialist supports and assists with all aspects of the community operations.
At Peak Living, our employees love where they work. We are a full-service real estate management company with communities across the United States. Peak Living is uniquely positioned for growth as it continues rapid expansion through acquisitions. We believe successful growth is best achieved by developing high quality teams and empowering them in their roles to boost property performance.
Knowledge / Skills / Ability
- Provide customer service and sales tours to prospective residents and current residents.
- Independently establish priorities, manage time effectively, and fulfill assigned objectives
- Respond to and resolve unexpected problems and handle priority changes in a fast-moving environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word
- Good verbal and written communication skills, strong organization skills, and ability to work well with onsite staff, customers, supervisors, and corporate office associates
- Must be able to effectively communicate, comprehend, speak and Bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to comprehend legal documents and carry out related rent collections
- Intermediate level math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, decimals, fractions, and calculate percentages) necessary to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal documents
- Demonstrated understanding of property operations with emphasis on lease terms and contract enforcement, including collections and marketing.
- Implement marketing strategies and resident retention programs.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience as an onsite Leasing Consultant in multi-family housing, hospitality or similar
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) designation preferred (for LIHTC)
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) designation preferred (for Section 8)
- 1 year of experience in LIHTC communities
- The Leasing Specialist supports and participates in fulfilling the customer service and leasing responsibilities Uphold leasing and marketing standards including telephone marketing, greeting prospective residents, gathering prospect information, setting appointments, showing ready and model apartments, generating quotes, closing and securing deposits, and assisting the prospective residents with rental application completion and credit verification
- Ensure all tax credit requirements are followed
- Assist in preparing all paperwork specific to new and renewal lease agreements
- Insert lease renewal rates as approved by Community Manager and assists in delivery of renewal letters to secure lease renewals.
- Review resident files and accounting records to determine unpaid and/or late fees owed, communicate with residents regarding outstanding balances, implement procedures for collecting on delinquencies, and enforce the lease to maximize
- Assist the Community Manager in organizing community resident activities, preparing newsletters and maintaining resident loyalty and retention
Peak Living offers a competitive compensation package including monthly and quarterly bonuses, health, vision, dental and life insurance and discounted rent program.