Public Consulting Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Public Consulting Group
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, the UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
PCG is currently seeking a technically savvy Consultant. For the right motivated individual, there is an excellent opportunity for career development and advancement. Consultants work in a deadline-oriented, fast paced environment as part of a growing team consisting of consulting and operations staff. This position revolves around technical project management, client management, and financial management functions. Consultants help to bridge the gap between clients and PCG experts, whether the need is technical (software) or subject-matter specific (K-12 knowledge). Successful Consultants work collaboratively with clients and PCG colleagues to find innovative solutions to everyday operational problems in K-12 management.
Consultants are vital in achieving stated business objectives. Responsibilities include managing current projects and working with project managers to develop new business in a fast-paced and demanding environment. The team's goal is to provide superior service to State and Local Education Agencies in the area of systems integration, instructional solutions, data management, reporting systems, and special education management systems. Consultants play a key role in business development for the firm's growing practice area.
- Lead clients through software implementations and related training programs, working collaboratively with PCG developers and software engineers
- Liaison between client needs and software development team, including creating system Business Requirements Documents (BRD), system testing and release, data integration, troubleshooting, and reporting.
- Keep stakeholders informed on the status of development and serve as the liaison between development staff and clients.
- Serve as a key contact for ongoing communications with clients.
- Lead and assist in managing complex projects and/or producing sophisticated deliverables.
- Project financial management
- Prepare written status reports for clients, present topics in meetings with clients or colleagues, and write proposals for local, state, and national opportunities.
- Recruit, train and supervise staff.
- Commitment to exceptional client service.
- Exceptional organizational, oral presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills. High comfort level with web applications – navigating, discussing, envisioning
- Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results, using Excel, Access, or comparable tools.
- Ability to interact with various levels within client organization from technical and administrative leadership, department leads, and project managers.
- Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
- Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
- Strong technical, written, and financial analysis skills.
- Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
- Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
- Research and project management capabilities.
- Demonstrated expertise and high level of fluency in Excel and Word. PowerPoint, Project a plus.
- Project Management certification preferred.
- Familiarity with SAP Business Objects and SQL preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree preferred.
- Previous technical supervisory experience preferred.
- School (K-12) experience is a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel to client sites (approximately 25 - 50%) required.