Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at PAPÉ KENWORTH
PAPÉ MATERIAL HANDLING, INC. – ARLINGTON, WA
FIELD TECHNICIAN: Position will diagnose and repair Hyster and other material handling equipment at customer locations. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze and diagnose (troubleshoot) equipment malfunctions or failures.
- Repair, replace or rebuild engines, transmissions, carburetors, final drives, steering, clutches, cross shafts, hydraulic components, electrical systems and air systems.
- Maintain driving record in accordance with state laws and in a courteous, safe manner.
- Determine correct parts needs to complete task and order in a timely manner from the Parts Department, as well as, returning all unused parts in a timely manner.
- Communicate in a courteous and effective manner with customers regarding all aspects of the work being performed.
- Communicate with management regarding all aspects of the work being performed for the customer.
- At all times operate in a constant state of alertness, and safe manner.
Applicant must have 3 years minimum diagnosing and repairing experience and good trouble shooting skills. Electric forklift experience is a big plus. Looking for a self-motivated, assertive individual that is computer literate, able to work under little or no supervision, and have excellent communication and customer relation skills. Responsibilities will also include occasional shop assistance. Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and must provide own tools.
Why work for Papé:
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training, and experience level
- Outstanding benefits including – 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (Flex Plans); Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Progressive Vacation Plans; Online and Instructor-Led Training; Tuition Reimbursement for Training Programs
- Advancement – Papé is a dynamic, growth oriented organization with a focus’ on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation — Papé is a family-owned, fourth-generation company with over 100 locations, over 3,000 employees and 80 plus years of experience. Papé is known for their stability, their honesty and their integrity.
- Equipment – We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact – Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training – You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.