Pacific Seafood Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pacific Seafood Group
To assist with the smooth flow of all warehouse-related activities. Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in receiving, inventory, and order processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Attend and participate in department meetings that cover safety, quality and productivity issues.
- Work with transport drivers to ensure incoming loads are received in a timely manner.
- Able to review receiving documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain the warehouse configuration according to the approved layout for product, packaging and equipment storage.
- Properly load a pallet make sure loads are stable and secure.
- Must achieve cost-effective standards for all warehouse activities.
- Practice good housekeeping skills i.e. clean up spills immediately or flag the area off, avoid blocking emergency exits and report any potential hazards to a supervisor.
- Follow all established safety rules and obey safety signs and tags.
- Properly operate forklift, pallet jack and other necessary powered equipment.
- Ensure product is inspected for quality, product/pallets properly tagged and rotated.
- Understand how to read and utilize pick tickets to pick, pack and load orders.
- Verify that all return labels have been approved/checked prior to placing product back in inventory.
- Understand and perform all the appropriate HACCP plans assigned.
- Ensure product is fully received, rotation is complete and product is staged in the correct quantities.
- Promptly report all needed repairs and ensure preventive maintenance is performed on your equipment.
- Perform necessary emergency replenishment for products that run below minimum levels to meet customer order demands from the daily order selection shift.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year experience in Seafood distribution and or production for distribution.
- Forklift and pallet jack experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Forklift certification
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid sick, vacation and personal time
- 6 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.