Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Dental Assistant
- Location : External Name
- Lacey Modern Dentistry
As an Extern at a Pacific Dental Services Supported Office you will have the opportunity to join a stable company that is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth, values your contribution, and provides you with a career rather than just a job.
- Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state’s Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
- Actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience by striving to keep your patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual concerns and promoting the good qualities of your doctor.
-Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment where your patients feel comfortable; prepare patients for treatment, and assist the doctors - thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
- Obtain dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and care slips).
- Ensure that the health history is updated for all returning patients.
- Escort patients to/from the front desk and introduce them to the Benefits Coordinator.
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures and maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed.
- Complete radiographs and intra-oral pictures of patients as appropriate.
- Hand instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment.
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
- Record patient charting and all doctor notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the doctor. Ensure the doctor has reviewed treatment record, consents, and health history.
- Prepare materials for making impressions and restorations.
- Clean each operatory in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
- Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
- Currently enrolled in a Dental Assistant program at a school that has a partnership with Pacific Dental Services.
- Must have a need to obtain externship hours through a partnered school.
Your commitment to Pacific Dental Services is the key to our success. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths—and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.