Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Orion Industries
Orion Industries, a Boeing supplier and award-winning aerospace manufacturer and community enriching organization, is seeking a Staff Accountant to join its growing Accounting department. If you want to join a work environment where opportunities for continued training and development are embedded into a culture of mentorship, this might be the right fit for you!
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong personal initiative and work ethics
- Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines by prioritizing tasks
- Desire to contribute to efficiency through innovative ideas
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Reliable and dependable
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments
- Maintains and balances consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements
- Strong sense of confidentiality
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. charts, pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
Orion is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free work place (including marijuana). Applicants may be subject to background screening upon job offer; background to be qualified against the Washington Secretary’s List of Crimes.
Orion offers competitive wages in addition to an excellent benefits package for full-time employees which includes 100% employer paid medical, dental/vision, short term and long term disability, and life insurance, as well as 50% employer paid medical and dental/vision for dependents. Orion also offers 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of paid time off, and a 401K with 100% company match up to 4%.
For a formal job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org