Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Member of Technical Staff - Public Cloud IaaS
at Oracle Corporation
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle is aggressively investing in the Oracle Cloud to provide the broadest, most comprehensive cloud in the industry. Only Oracle offers a complete suite of integrated services that include applications as a service, platform as a service, and infrastructure as a service – eliminating the data and business process fragmentation that come with cloud silos. A critical part of these silo's is the Infrastructure Services include Compute, Storage, and Messaging service. This is your chance to be part of this exciting Compute team that offers elastic compute capabilities to run any workload in the cloud!!!
Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
We're looking for hands-on engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, and highly available services. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
As a Principal Member of Technical Staff you will own the software design and development
for major components of Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure. You should be both a rock solid coder and a distributed systems generalist, able to dive deep into any part of the stack and low level systems, as well as design broad distributed system interactions. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
• 5 years experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
• Strong knowledge of C, C or Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed
• Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
• Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence
• Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
• Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure a strong plus.
Top 3 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
1. Software Engineering experience with distributed systems within large scale environments
2. 5-8 years experience working on challenging issues with a self-starter / self-motivated attitude (Will vary based on level)
3. Virtualization experience would be a huge plus