Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Survey Office Technician 1
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Regular Full-Time
WHPacific, an NV5 company, is looking for a Survey Office Technician 1 to join its team in Bothell, WA.
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
This position assists the land survey team by executing and preparing deliverables including but not limited to: Boundary Surveys, Topographic Surveys, ALTA Surveys, ROW Surveys, Parcel Plats, Subdivision Plats, Control Surveys, Legal Descriptions and Exhibits, and reports. The successful candidate will possess the ability to prepare survey drawings and understand and perform survey computations. Duties will also include working in remote locations across Alaska for extended periods of time.
- Work primarily in the office reducing daily field survey measurements on control, boundary, right-of-way, topographic and construction surveys..
- Performs related mathematical calculations and checking of survey mapping data. May also perform some field duties as assigned to work on a field 2 man crew and use field survey equipment such as hand tools and electronic survey equipment.
- College level survey education coursework completed at freshman or sophomore level including a background in math required.
- One plus years of construction or survey experience required
- Must be familiar in the use of total stations, GPS Receivers and data collectors
- Demonstrate knowledge of sources of measurement errors and have thorough knowledge to perform analysis of survey data to ensure completeness, accuracy and precision
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel are required
- Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to meet company insurability guidelines required.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.