Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at NorthStar Energy
NorthStar Energy is seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our growing team! The ideal candidate will be committed to providing exceptional customer service and excellence in their work. They should be approachable and efficient, detail-oriented, and calm under pressure, willing to "roll up their sleeves" and work on a variety of tasks. We are a small, collaborative team of professionals who take pride in serving our employees. If this sounds interesting to you, check out the job description below!
Performs a wide variety of payroll processing and benefits activities, including processing regular and non-regular payroll, administering time and attendance policies and system, and administration of benefit plans.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
· Processes 6 separate biweekly payrolls for multi-state teams.
· Compiles, analyzes and prepares payroll related information in ADP payroll system, ensuring accurate and timely processing of new hires, promotions, terminations, time off, and benefit related payments (including 401(k) contributions, medical benefit deductions), etc.
· Processes and maintains setup of garnishments and payroll corrections.
· Prepares termination, off cycle and special payments.
· Reconciles 401(k) funding and assist with 401(k) audit.
· Maintains current knowledge of IRS and applicable State/Local regulations.
· Manages company payroll, time and attendance, and benefits modules including development, maintenance and enhancements of the systems in ADP Workforce Now.
· Manages leave policies including Vacation, Sick, Holiday, as well as shift-differential, and overtime payment within ADP Workforce Now.
· Manages setup and closure of State withholding accounts as needed.
· Reports and reconciles payroll data as needed, including ACA reporting, Workers Compensation, and L&I.
· Collaborate with accounting and finance for payroll items and reporting for entry into accounting system.
· Provides reporting for senior management, and corporate parent company regularly and on an ad hoc basis.
· Spearheads end-of-year reporting to include preparation and distribution of W-2s and reconciliation of quarterly and year end reports.
· Leads payroll related activity reconciliations and audits.
· Responds to employment verifications.
· Performs benefits administration (medical, dental, FSA, HSA, Life, LTD and EAP) to include enrollments, employee changes, system administration, and compliance.
· Works with benefits provider and HR team to ensure smooth Open Enrollment process.
· Maintains payroll records and files. Supports the implementation of payroll-related initiatives and projects
· Review and resolve payroll discrepancies and employee questions timely and accurately, and take appropriate actions to mitigate future issues.
· All other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Skill / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting plus 3+ years of payroll experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, CPP designation a plus
· Demonstrated ability to provide high level of customer service; interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, professionalism, and confidentiality
· Experience with ADP Workforce Now and ADP Reporting preferred
· Proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail
· Knowledge of applicable federal and state wage and tax laws, benefits administration, and compliance regulations surrounding payroll, experience with Alaska a plus.
· Experience with benefits administration a plus.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills