Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Network Engineer
at Nordstrom, inc.
Are you an experienced Wireless LAN network engineer who enjoys designing solutions that drive the success of a world-class company? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are empowered to make decisions that directly impact the success of that business? At Nordstrom, we know there is a direct line between company success and our ability to leverage technology to the fullest.
In this role, you will
- Be accountable for design, architecture, maintenance and production support of our network
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to business requirements
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure projects from inception to deployment
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
Desired Skills And Experience
- 3-5 years of networking experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Mastery of one of the followings; Wireless Integration, Application layer networking.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to and rectify the most challenging network issues.
- Understanding of network management fundamentals and corresponding tools.
- Experience with Linux or other Unix operating systems.
- Understanding of agile methodologies and DevOps concept
- Hands on experience and expert certifications with various IT Security safeguard technology - Palo Alto, Aruba and Cisco.
- Ability to implement and support complex solutions across multiple IT disciplines (Network, Systems, ID Management etc.) in the realms of 'people, process and technology'.
- Hands on experience managing security across various platforms/systems - Microsoft Windows, MS AD, Unix-like required; MS SQL, Cache.
- Experience with implementing and executing standard operating procedures as related to monitoring of IT Security controls/safeguards in place; experience with SOC and SIEM preferred.
- Ability to work well with others and contribute to a positive work environment utilizing conflict resolution skills when necessary.
- Knowledge of current common cybersecurity frameworks, standards and best practices. NIST & ISO27k preferred.
- Exceptional oral/written communication and organizational skills with the ability to effectively present to non-technical staff and management.
- Ability to generate regular reports and status of the IT Security environment including recommendations for problem resolution and improvement.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Experience working with internal and external auditors.
- Experience with PCI preferred.
- Understanding of security governance.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off
- Merchandise Discount
- Lifework / EAP resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2019 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We’re a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day – from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
OWNERS AT HEART
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
HERE TO WIN
We’re committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
WE EXTEND OURSELVES
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!