Muckleshoot Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Muckleshoot Indian Tribe
- # of Openings
- Job Status
- Temporary Part-Time
- Pay Grade
Under supervision, performs paraprofessional instructional activities to provide learning experiences to individual and small groups of students.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists instructional personnel with the presentation of learning materials and instructional exercises.
- Tutors individual students and small groups of students to reinforce and follow up learning activities.
- Monitors and assists students in a variety of instructional activities as a follow-up to the presentation of instructional concepts by instructional personnel.
- Supervises students in a variety of educational settings.
- Uses positive reinforcement strategies and other appropriate techniques to assist students in the development of appropriate behavior and an appreciation of human diversity.
- Assists in the preparation of a variety of instructional materials and learning aids for use with individual or small groups of students.
- Maintains a variety of records and files, including confidential student records and information.
- May administer and score a variety of tests and record test results.
- Requisitions, stores, and maintains an appropriate inventory of textbooks, instructional materials, supplies and equipment.
- Uses good judgment regarding appropriate action to assist injured or physically ill students.
- Assists in maintaining an orderly, attractive and positive learning environment
- Because of the Tribe’s commitment to community service and the well being of its members, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular responsibilities.
- May perform routine clerical tasks such as typing, computer operation, filing and photocopying.
EDUCATION - EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING FOR POSITION
Associate’s degree from an institution of higher education or two years of study (72 credit hours) at an institution of higher education or passing score on the ETS ParaPro Assessment test; One (1) year of experience working with children.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION
- Basic concepts of child growth and development and developmental behavior characteristics.
- Effective behavior management techniques.
- Rules and procedures for student safety.
- Necessary equipment, computers, machinery, tools or software.
- Basic subjects including arithmetic, grammar, spelling and reading.
- Subject areas appropriate to assignment.
- Effective communication with students, parents or guardians, staff and administrators.
- Designing and implementing lesson plans for students having a wide range of achievement.
- Dealing with students in an understanding, patient, receptive, positive and confident manner.
- Organizing activities in keeping with the maturity and attention span of assigned students.
- Utilizing a variety of instructional materials and procedure.
- Managing student behavior.
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this class; While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and talk or hear; occasionally required to sit; use hands to operate, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms; occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.