Muckleshoot Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
at Muckleshoot Indian Tribe
- # of Openings
- USD $0.00/Hr.
- Pay Grade
Provides quality and safe delivery of home care services under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizing and delivering care recognizing and considering emotional, cultural, spiritual, socio-economic and age-related factors.
- Travels to patients homes to provide nursing services.
- Performs physical assessments and records assessments in an accurate, concise, and professional manner.
- Educates patients and significant others regarding patient’s illness, procedures, treatments, including self-care, prevention, and health maintenance.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Provides restorative nursing care per care plan to include all components (active and passive range of motion; bathing, dressing and grooming; schedule toileting; selects and employs appropriate lifting/moving/transfer techniques/devices).
- Prepares and administers prescribed medications.
- Performs treatments according to established policies and procedures.
- Monitors and reports untoward skin conditions; performs actions targeted to the maintenance and/or restoration of skin integrity.
- Performs tracheostomy care, oral/pharyngeal suctioning, manages and monitors gastric/intestinal drainage and feeding tubes.
- Documents the care and pertinent patient reactions with each visit and submit notes; informs RN or supervisor if changes are noted in patient care.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth by attending staff meetings or other trainings needed to maintain professional knowledge.
- Assists in supervising home health care service providers.
- Because of the Tribe’s commitment to community service and the well-being of its members, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular responsibilities.
EDUCATION - EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING FOR POSITION
Required: Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Program and one (1) year LPN experience in a home health/hospice, skilled nursing or acute setting.
Additional Requirements: Current Negative TB Test; current in all immunizations; pass criminal history check; pass drug screening.
*This position will cover the weekend shift.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION
Knowledge of: Practical nursing techniques and methods; methods used in implementing resident care program objectives; medications and treatments used in patient care; infection control procedures; mental or behavioral characteristics of physically or mentally disabled people.
Skill in: Communicating effectively in both verbal and written form; adapting to changing situations; assessing patients and monitoring performance; comprehending and interpreting records/documents; listening effectively; problem solving; troubleshooting; time management; multi-tasking.
Ability to: Follow verbal and written instructions; observe and record information used to make clinical and program staff decisions; observe and evaluate conditions, reactions and changes in the physical and mental conditions of patients; maintain appropriate attitudes and conduct necessary to the welfare of patients; maintain records and prepare reports; communicate effectively; maintain confidentiality.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach forward with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
May face hazards from exposure to chemicals and infectious diseases. May treat patients that are confused, irrational, agitated, and/or uncooperative.