Muckleshoot Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Muckleshoot Indian Tribe
- # of Openings
- Closing Date
- Open Until Filled
- Job Status
- Regular Full-Time
- Pay Grade
Under general supervision, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical controls. Plans lay outs, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment for new electrical secondary service including panels, breakers, disconnect, and switches.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks and replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other simple elements of electrical systems such as lighting fixtures, tubes, and ballasts.
- Connects wiring to fixtures and power equipment; splices wires as required.
- Inspects and tests electrical lighting, signal, communication, and other electrical equipment.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Measures, cuts, threads, and installs electrical conduit.
- Pulls wiring through conduit.
- Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as brushes and armatures.
- Installs and maintains various types of motors, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers, and transformers.
- Installs and monitors performances of installed electrical equipment for hazards, adjustments, or replacement.
- Installs grounding leads.
- Interprets blueprints; works from sketches or verbal instructions.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, tests, repairs, and adjusts electrical fixtures, apparatus, equipment, wiring, and new services to include panels, breakers, and conduit.
- Mounts motors, transformers, and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
- Repairs, install, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electric controls, motor control centers, and programmable logic controls.
- Performs other job related duties under Housing Repair Specialist II and as assigned.
- Because of the Tribe’s commitment to community service and the well-being of its members, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular responsibilities.
EDUCATION - EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING FOR POSITION
Required: Graduation from high school or equivalent. A minimum of five (5) years verifiable electrical experience at the journeyman level, with documented work history is required. At least three (3) years’ electrical experience in residential building maintenance required.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION
- Ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Ability to install and maintain motors, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers, and transformers.
- Knowledge of electrical systems including planning additions or modifications on secondary circuits.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to install grounding leads.
- Ability to read residential electrical blueprints.
- Ability to use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits, equipment and appliances.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical controls, industrial motor control centers, and programmable logic controllers.
- Must have and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License and clean driving record at all times during employment.
- Stamina to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Climbing and working at heights.
- Constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazard us materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Must be able to bend, reach, squat push, pull and able to lift at least fifty (50) to one hundred (100) pounds.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, use hands to grasp, and have finger dexterity to handle objects, tools, or controls.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.