Milliman Care Guidelines
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Administrator - Seattle/Boise EB Practice
at Milliman Care Guidelines
For over 70 years, Milliman has pioneered human capital strategies, tools and solutions worldwide. With offices in over 60 countries, Milliman is one of the largest consulting and actuarial firms in the markets it serves. Milliman consultants offer highly effective solutions in the retirement, compensation, healthcare, talent management, and employee communications arenas, in addition to providing insurance, investment and other financial services.
To serve as a first point of contact of Desktop Support for our employees of Seattle Employee Benefits and Seattle Life offices in Seattle and Boise, owning the requests throughout the lifecycle.
- Serve as first-line customer liaison and receives and troubleshoots issues reported to the Service Desk
- Manage the request’s life-cycle including escalation, closure, and verification of resolution
- Research questions and issues from users and open incidents
- Provide management information and recommendations for service improvements
- Submit new solutions to the knowledge database
- Troubleshoot incidents including but not limited to Desktop, Application, Network, Voice and Video
- Record and track interactions; track all customer contacts with all pertinent details to enable others to determine the history of the issue and what steps have been completed to resolve the issue
- Install, configure and maintain Windows corporate devices and peripherals, including off-hours support, as necessary
- Provide direct end-user support. Ensure that all calls and trouble tickets are entered and managed in ticket tracking software in a timely manner
- Identify reoccurring incidents and escalate as appropriate
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Prepare in advance for new releases and rollouts to anticipate customer inquiries
- Write technical training and usage documentation for user and/or team use
- Create new computer and user accounts and manage permission and distribution groups in Active Directory
- Assign rights and file attributes to network folders
- Provide desktop and laptop refresh (replacement) schedule recommendations and maintain an asset inventory
- Monitor all desktops and laptops to ensure that software distributions and updates are in compliance
- Design and maintain client system images for deployment
- Follow strict change management protocols and security procedures
- Occasional travel will be required, three to four short trips a year
- Will carry a smartphone at all times to receive alerts
- Some after-hours and weekend work required
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years of experience in a direct customer support role
- 3 years of experience in the Information Technology industry, including responsibilities for supporting Windows workstations in a corporate network environment
- 2 years performing user account management responsibilities within a Windows Active Directory-based network and extensive Network Administration experience
- 2 years of experience in customer support, technical software support, systems development, network operations, IT admin or IT consulting
- Strong analytical approach to problem-solving and ability to troubleshoot complex issues quickly, while successfully handling multiple priorities
- Must work well as part of a team in a high-energy environment; must possess good written and verbal communication skills, and good time-management abilities.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds required, with bending and mobility to move large objects.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Microsoft certification: MTA, MCSA, or MCSE
- A and/or Network certification
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Good problem analysis/troubleshooting skills required
- Knowledge of ITIL processes preferred
- Experience with WSUS/SCCM and LAN/WAN tools
MILLIMAN U.S. BENEFITS
At Milliman, we focus on creating an environment that recognizes – and meets – the personal and professional needs of the individual. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families, including eligible domestic partners.
- A 401(k) plan with matching program
- Paid Parental Leave up to 12 weeks
- Profit-sharing as a discretionary contribution to employees’ retirement accounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starts accruing on the first day of work and can be used for any reason.
- Adoption assistance
- Milliman covers 100% of the premiums for life insurance, AD&D, and both short term and long term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent care, transportation and applicable medical needs
- This position is based out of the Milliman office in Seattle, WA. Applicants must be willing to work onsite in the Milliman office.
- Applicants must be presently authorized to work in the United States. Practice/Office will not sponsor applicants for this position for the following work visas/statuses: F-1 STEM OPT, H-1B, J-1, TN, O-1, L-1, or E-1/2.