Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EHS Program Specialist II
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Hire Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Job Category
- IT Security
Milestone Technologies, Inc. is a leading IT Managed Services and IT Professional Services solutions provider headquartered in the Bay Area and serving clients globally. Our unique approach to IT Managed Services includes Contact Center Services, Internal IT Support, Data Center Operations, Workforce Solutions, and IT Professional Services.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist will implement, administer and sustain site-level EHS programs and procedures per company requirements or applicable EHS regulatory requirements or in collaboration with the EHS Team. The EHS Specialist performs standard work to maintain compliance with federal, state, local regulations and company requirements. Responsible for conducting inspections, investigations, risk assessments and incident trending and implementing corrective action where environment EHS hazards or risks exist. The EHS Specialist builds collaborative and productive working relationships; networks with, and appropriately involves operations management, support functions and employees; influences operational decisions; and implements assignments that have an impact on operations.
- Perform EHS compliance applicability reviews and EHS risk assessments and implement effective programs procedures, practices and standard work to ensure regulatory compliance and protect employees, communities and the environment.
- Assist in implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the workplace to ensure compliance with Company EHS requirements and to provide a safe and secure workplace for employees, visitors, vendors, and guests.
- Conduct inspections, investigations, safety observations, job safety analysis and risk assessments and resulting mitigation activities that will identify, evaluate and control unsafe EHS hazards or risks.
- Develop, implement, conduct and sustain EHS training, safe operating procedures and best practices to minimize EHS risks and to ensure the safety and health of employees.
- Investigate, compile and develop investigative reports on any incident/accident that may occur; and ensure action items are adequately complete. Conduct Root Cause Analyses in conjunction with Operations leadership.
- Coordinate or lead planning, preparation, implementation, execution and recovery of emergency or crisis management events, employee injury events, environmental pollution or permit deviation events, fire safety events or other EHS risk events.
- Conduct EHS incident investigations to determine and implement root cause corrective actions. Leverage lessons learned and implement continuous improvement actions across the site.
- Develop, implement, administer and sustain site-level employee safety and injury prevention programs.
- Develop, implement, administer and sustain site-level environmental permit management and pollution prevention programs.
- Collect, measure and analyze site-level EHS metrics and KPI performances, to discover trends for continuous improvement or corrective measures. Perform management reviews and report on EHS performance and corrective measures.
- Partner and collaborate with the business and operations management, and support functions, to implement and administer EHS programs, procedures and practices.
- Contribute and participate in company EHS program evaluations and EHS initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental, health, safety or relevant scientific or engineering field.
- 5+ years’ experience in an EHS programs, operations or engineering function.
- 5+ years’ experience of applied site EHS compliance management, including regulatory and permitting.
- Knowledge of chemical safety, optical hazards, and machine safeguarding
- Possess regulatory and technical EHS knowledge as well as work well with limited supervision while being responsible for project management, compliance assurance, risk mitigation, injury prevention and environmental management.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple & technically assignments concurrently. Organized, analytical, detail-oriented, problem-solver, project management skills and strong focus on results.
- Ability to effectively participate in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and diverse environment. Ability to work effectively in teams. Demonstrated ability to inspire team work.
- Ability to be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing including the ability to effectively present proposed plans and results to management. Able to effectively communicate with and influence senior leadership.
- Able to travel 20-30%
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Master’s Degree in safety/industrial/quality engineering, safety or other science or engineering discipline from an accredited university preferred.
- Laser Safety Officer
- EHS professional registration and/or certification from an accredited organization in one or more of the following areas: safety engineering or management, occupational health or industrial hygiene, hazardous materials management, or environmental engineering or management.