Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Product Marketing Manager-Surface SMB GTM
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Product Marketing
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Microsoft is going through a transformational change to become a Cloud first, Mobile first company. At the same time, mobility and devices are two of the fastest growing and most top of mind issues for businesses of all sizes. Winning with Surface Devices is core to driving this transformation and capturing this opportunity.
The ‘Surface for Business’ portfolio (Surface Hub 2, Surface Laptop, Surface Pro, Surface Go, Surface Studio) presents unparalleled opportunities for businesses. Commercial sales of Surface are growing rapidly, and we are looking for motivated talent to unlock the next phase of Surface growth. If you are a proven talent with experience in hardware marketing and / or sales, if you are a proven collaborator able to forge internal and external alliances, help us take this product suite to new heights in a market with millions of passionate customers and billions of dollars of opportunity. We are an unmatched team comprised of talent, passion, expertise, and a commitment to unleashing the next wave of growth for Microsoft’s first party hardware business.
As part of the WW Surface Business Group, the Sr Product Marketing Manager will partner with our field teams (Area Surface Commercial BG teams, OCP, SMB, M & O) to deliver SMB success in FY20, but concurrently take a longer term view to identify the 3 year SMB growth opportunity and build the business case to influence stakeholders to attract the investment to seize this. Specifically:
Partner with our field teams to deliver the FY20 SMB revenue and GM commitment:
- Build and support a global community of Surface-dedicated SMC-focused PMMs so SMB programs are built and landed with minimal operational friction.
- Land the FY20 360 SMB plan ensuring Surface docks into new SMB lead-gen engines such as the cloud ascent high propensity tool, C3, ‘demand response’ and SMB tele-sales.). Ensure this plan leverages the new FY20 SMB engines to drive customers and revenue with the SMB “Upper Unmanaged” sub-segment.
- Unlock the Edu and Pub Sec opportunity within SMB in partnership with other corp and field stakeholders. Identify the sales, marketing and channel motions that need to be driven in SMB to support wider Edu and Pub Sec x-segment motions.
- In partnership with WCB/ CDS, evaluate new ‘partner types’ (such as retail and telco) and where appropriate onboard new partners with OCP and field BG teams.
- Monitor SMB performance through VSU quarterly reviews, CFO quarterly forecasts and monthly field MBRs to identify field blockers that are driving segment budget risk or identify investment opportunities that can drive segment budget upside. Build action plans to mitigate budget risk and seize upside opportunities in partnership with the field and corp stakeholders (WCB, SMB org and other members of the corp BG).
- Unlock the SMB opportunity with MS Stores (digital, assisted and ‘bricks and mortar’) by partnering with key corp and field stakeholders to build and execute a through-the-funnel plan for SMB.
Build a 3 year SMB Growth model:
- In partnership with finance, the SMB org and various data orgs in Microsoft establish a point-of-view on where the next wave of SMB growth will come from; geographically and firmographically.
- Frame and articulate the opportunity at an altitude consumable at GM / CVP level in advance of the FY21 planning season. Equally, be armed ready to frame and articulate the opportunity with finance through an undisputable business case.
- Identify Microsoft integration opportunities that are a pre-requisite to realizing the 3 year SMB growth opportunity. This should include headcount requirement (in Microsoft and at partner), field role compensation recommendations, lead gen engines that need activating, SMB promotional strategy, channel incentive design, co-op funded thru-partner marketing and field org design.
Attract the investment and resources to seize the 3 year opportunity through the FY21 planning process:
- Be the SMB subject-matter-expert and be the SMB lead within the FY21 planning v-team. Influence internal stakeholders at all levels to deliver the levers you have identified to capture the SMB growth.
- Land your FY21 SMB growth program / initiatives with your corp stakeholders and field partners via the standard commercial FY planning RoB (Commercial START, Field planning cycle, READY and INSPIRE).
Measures of Success:
- Field feedback that you are a leading partner in helping them deliver on their FY20 growth commitments.
- Corp stakeholder feedback that you are a leading partner in helping WCB land the sales commitment they have taken on.
- Reach and Penetration into the ‘Upper Unmanaged’ segment within SMB.
- Awareness and PI in the ‘Medium Business’ and ‘Small Business’ SMB sub-segments.
- D7 FY20 SMB budget attainment.
- 2-3 years of field experience ideally in the SMB org or Surface BG.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Surface products and competitive offerings.
- Knowledge of the IT hardware and Telco channels; incentive structure, investment levers and partner landscape.
- Experience in hardware product marketing across partner and end-customer.
- Experience of v-team management across functions and geographies.
- Candidate must have strong communication (oral, written, presentation), analytical, and problem-solving skills, be action-oriented, customer focused, be prepared to manage change, have solid planning and organizational skills with demonstrated execution excellence.
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.