Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Hardware Engineer
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Hardware Development Engineering
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
The AI and Advanced Architectures team is seeking motivated computer/electrical engineers/scientists to invent path-breaking technology. In this role you will architect custom solutions that will differentiate and optimize Microsoft’s strategic projects in the cloud. We are looking for individuals with background in computer architecture, comfortable working in a diverse, multi-site collaborative environment. Individuals who have education and/or experience in some of the following areas or related disciplines are encouraged to apply:
• Performance Modeling
• High Performance Microarchitecture
• Energy Efficient Microarchitecture
• Machine Learning Architectures, Applications, and Analysis
• HW/SW Co-design
• Cache and Memory System Design
• On-chip Networks
• HW/SW debug
• System interface
• Accelerator design and infrastructure
Our team is a multidisciplinary, collaborative and inclusive part of the Azure Hardware Systems Group. We have a track record of inventing and deploying innovative hardware, software, and architectures that differentiate the Azure ecosystem and deliver strategic impact to Microsoft. Our work spans the stack from silicon to solutions, and across domains including datacenters, quantum computing, deep learning, storage, and networking.
• Work with stakeholders and customers to gather requirements.
• Collaborate with hardware and software experts to architect efficient solutions based on workload analysis, modeling and evidence-based justification
• Specify, evaluate, design, implement, and validate complex designs.
• Document and review architecture specs.
- B.S. or higher in computer engineering, computer science, or related fields.
- Familiarity with processor architecture.
- 5 or more years of academic or industry experience in silicon design and analysis
- Experience in system-level design/analysis, especially in a high-performance, distributed and/or fault-tolerant systems with complex memory management and virtualization.
- Experience in requirements gathering across diverse teams resulting in the specification and development of complex hardware designs.
- Familiarity with silicon design flows and RTL design.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ and scripting languages such as Python, Bash, TCL, Powershell, etc.
- Proven track record of collaborative decision making and ownership, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with excellent communication skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.